Twitist Forums
What are some movies that you feel capture the essence of our generation? - Printable Version

+- Twitist Forums (http://twitist.com)
+-- Forum: General Social Media & Marketing Forums (/forum-8.html)
+--- Forum: General Social Media questions (/forum-9.html)
+--- Thread: What are some movies that you feel capture the essence of our generation? (/thread-68549.html)

What are some movies that you feel capture the essence of our generation? - Gfrezzzz - 04-26-2013 03:53 PM

Movies that capture the essence our generation. Say a film you could put in a time capsule that would show future generations aspects of our lives today.

I was thinking The Social Network as one example, because it shows our society's new dependence on social media. Thank you!

- DivineInspiration - 04-26-2013 04:01 PM

Justin Bieber, Never Say Never. The motion picture sensation of the century.

- mia wallace - 04-26-2013 04:05 PM

mean girls

- Christian - 04-26-2013 04:07 PM

Gay niggers from outer space

- Kitty ♥ - 04-26-2013 04:14 PM

The Perks of Being a Wallflower is pretty social and same goes for It's Kind of a Funny Story. Both deal with how teenagers in our generation deal with difficult times.

- Jeremiah - 04-26-2013 04:26 PM

The Social Network is a perfect example of the dependence on the social media.
Mean Girls is a perfect example of High School
Fame is a perfect example how every teenager wants to be famous... Pathetic teens anyway.

- Rosie-doll Too - 04-26-2013 04:28 PM

I agree with The Social Network

I'd also add:
Mean Girls (or Easy A..movies like that)
The American Pie franchise
Fahrenheit 9/11 -- Just because that was one huge event in our lives
The Matrix (and any other dystopian films that center around our dependence on technology)
The Lord of the Rings Trilogy - Brought a classic epic novel to life for a whole new generation
Toy Story