Twitist Forums
Is his 'childhood friend' flirting with my husband? - Printable Version

+- Twitist Forums (http://twitist.com)
+-- Forum: Facebook forums (/forum-14.html)
+--- Forum: Facebook Marketing (/forum-12.html)
+--- Thread: Is his 'childhood friend' flirting with my husband? (/thread-69298.html)

Pages: 1 2

Is his 'childhood friend' flirting with my husband? - Khloe Foxx - 04-29-2013 04:53 AM

My husband and I are still newlyweds and love each other.. However I am not sure if his childhood friend is flirting with him, they had something in the past or she is just too friendly..

During the reception dinner she appeared to look 'sad' and my husband left the dinner table with me and sat with her to keep her company. I was ok with this however I admit I was a tad jealous. I confessed this feeling to my husband shortly after and he just laughed it off saying that was a longtime friend of over 15 years and there is nothing to be jealous of.

We had another discussion about her yesterday and how I feel that it may have been something they had or she still likes him because of the vibe I got from dinner. He confessed to me that his friends always thought the two had something going on because of the same vibe they experienced. Nevertheless he told me not to worry because we are married and love each other and she is dating someone else.

Surprisingly she wrote on his Facebook wall today saying how much of a great guy friend he is for giving her advice and she love him...

I haven’t had a chance to ask my husband about this but that message does not sit right with me especially since we had a long discussion about her the previous night.

Help? Suggestions? Advice?

- JAS - 04-29-2013 05:07 AM

I have a male friend that I love like a brother too. That means nothing, if we were going to get it on together we would of did that a long long time ago. Hell, we'd be together today if that was the case.

- Jade - 04-29-2013 05:21 AM

you may be over reacting .. or Just a bit jealous.. why don't you try to find out about that girl.. get all the facts which would clear any doubt in the mind.. and i don't mean the source of information to be your husband Wink

- BILL - 04-29-2013 05:35 AM

have a three way with her

- H A E - 04-29-2013 05:48 AM

I'd respond to her post, "I didn't appreciate the tantrum you threw at our reception, and as a newlywed, I really don't want to read another woman telling him that she loves him. Don't you have any decency? Give us the space we need to start a life together instead of trying to cause a problem."

Your husband will get pissed. Just tell him that you gave him a chance to handle it and he didn't. Next time he'll get on that shit.

- Air Force Wife - 04-29-2013 05:54 AM

You need to tell your husband to end this friendship he has with this woman. It's disrespectful to you and this friendship is too tempting.

- Swamp Gator - 04-29-2013 05:56 AM

It is a hard question to answer. They could be just close like brother and sister. Give it some time and keep a quiet but watchful eye on her.

Often gut feelings are pretty accurate. In this case they don't seem to be trying to hide anything.

- Excessivecup749 - 04-29-2013 06:01 AM

Most of the time when a guy has put a female in the friend zone he means just the friend zone.The girl who is put in the friend zone doesn't see it that way.she most likely will try and cause trouble between you.she is jealous or she wouldn't have acted sad at your wedding she would have been happy with him.My advice is to tell your husband to back away off form this woman unless you want to have problems.No I am not talking about cheating.i don't think he would do that.Unless you aren't telling us the whole story and he has cheated on you or another relationship. No what she will try to do is put doubt in his mind without him even realising it.If she said to him dump her she isn't good enough for you.he would get m,ad.so she will have to do it in her own female way .little things such as That is so cool she is doing so well in her career I completely understand she doesn't have time to cook you breakfast every morning.. .Doubt one she has pointed out the fact you don't cook him breakfast .That is petty right? Yes, but she will keep putting issues in his mind.The concerns and praises for you will just get more frequent .It sounds silly but this is the way these women are.

I would tell her you need to give her her space hon.Men aren't going to be attracted to a women who has a male friend hanging on her all the time.Don't you want her to be happy like we are ,Hon.

Otherwise trust me the fights will come.Your relationship will suffer and may end. You can't tell him she will be sabotaging you because he will not be able to see it.he will think she is paying you complements about your career.He will think you are being ridiculous.This is why this will work.he can't see it.

Men never see or understand these things. He will just think you are being petty and she will cry that she is so sad you don't like her that she wants two two to be great friends.And he will go over there and comfort her. You will be mad.

I cannot count how many times I have seen women like this break up a marriage.Unless the wife acts first. Most of the time the husbands are blind.they believe in the goodness of women not the trickery many can do.

Also ask him if he would be okay with you being this close to a male friend?

- Alfonso - 04-29-2013 06:02 AM

Hey, c'mon now. Drop it. What kind of way is that to start your new life? Trust your husband, ok. You're an intelligent, mature and CONFIDENT woman. I love quite a few women, but my wife is my wife and she trusts me and wouldn't insult me with unfounded questions of infidelity. Your husband CAN and will love other women. It's ok. And it's ok for YOU to love other men. Now desire and lust after is a different story, but I love my mom, and my wife's mom, too. Get it? You are the love of his life. You are his partner. You have each others back. Men and women CAN have attractive friends, and old friends. Don't make him defend himself for nothing. Go on her facebook page and tell her that your husband says she's a great friend and thank her for it and say that you're glad your husband could help her. I bet you get a reply that's very innocent and kind. And tell your husband that you got the newlywed jitters and forget about it. He LOVES you. You are the woman of his dreams. He wouldn't have gone over to that woman at the reception if there was anything to hide. Would you? Start your marriage on a ROCK of trust. Let him know this and he will KNOW why he married you. You're his BEST friend. Wives are a dime a dozen, but best friends are the REAL deal, and that's what you guys have to be. EDIT..... Now read HAE's post. Doesn't that sound like a mean hearted, insecure high school girl. She wants you to push through the crowd, raise your fist in the air and shake it at the crowd. You're much more mature than that. ANOTHER EDIT.......sorry. Machine gun woman is a nut. She is trying to plant some venomous seed in your head. She must have been with a stupid guy or else her level of trust pushed a guy away.Your husband does NOT want to get involved in this girls personal life anymore and if she tries to get in touch with him, she will start to annoy him. And he'll tell her that he just got married and he doesn't want to keep things from his wife, so please don't call for any more advise. I promise you that I would have done what your husband did for a good friend at the reception and I would also get annoyed if she started to get in touch with me again. Would a professional counselor call herself machine gun woman.

- C-Tee - 04-29-2013 06:13 AM

It sounds 2 me like this woman requires to much of your husbands attention and she may even be doing it 2 get a rise out of you especially given the show she put on at the reception. If she is to be apart of your guys life he needs to set boundries and demand that she show you respect. No late night calls no constant messaging no going out alone she needs to understand that you are a couple and that you do things as a couple. She can't have a close relationship with him with out sharing that same relationship with you his wife. I just went thru this same situation and it all boils down to respect this created a lot of trust issues for me I hope you nip this in the butt before that happens best wishes