Twitist Forums
Can schools view your FaceTime conversations on school given iPads when your at home on your own wifi? - Printable Version

+- Twitist Forums (http://twitist.com)
+-- Forum: Facebook forums (/forum-14.html)
+--- Forum: Facebook apps (/forum-22.html)
+--- Thread: Can schools view your FaceTime conversations on school given iPads when your at home on your own wifi? (/thread-69518.html)

Can schools view your FaceTime conversations on school given iPads when your at home on your own wifi? - Rom116soulder - 04-29-2013 11:59 PM

Like I said in my last question the school has given us students iPads and I'd like to know just how public is all my activity s on it such as Facebook and FaceTime, the text app that comes with it and other apps I download.

- shutuppauface - 04-30-2013 12:06 AM

They have placed spyware programs that track every keystroke and remotely intrude on your camera activity whenever they choose. The iPad is their property, nothing you do on it is private.

- SmartAZ - 04-30-2013 12:22 AM

Schools have a lousy reputation about such things. You should put tape over the lens so it can't photograph what you are doing, and don't use it for any purpose that is not squeaky clean. The various social sites have a rather poor reputation too. It gets to where you can't trust anybody on the planet.

- Jacob - 04-30-2013 12:23 AM

I would say yes, all school equipment have security measures to see everything you do. So in other words, don't do something on that ipad you would be ashamed to show your grandma Smile

- Donald B - 04-30-2013 12:31 AM

It is their iPAD so they have the legal right to track everything that happens on it. It was not given to you for FACEBOOK, although it is not illegal to use it for that. It was given to you for schoolwork so do not abuse the privilege.