Twitist Forums
Do you think the future of American life is built on personal relationships or relationship with institutions? - Printable Version

+- Twitist Forums (http://twitist.com)
+-- Forum: General Social Media & Marketing Forums (/forum-8.html)
+--- Forum: General Social Media questions (/forum-9.html)
+--- Thread: Do you think the future of American life is built on personal relationships or relationship with institutions? (/thread-69586.html)

Do you think the future of American life is built on personal relationships or relationship with institutions? - Jeff - 04-30-2013 04:57 AM

Like, are my friends the people who define me or is it the sports team I cheer for, the bank I use, the church I go to, the businesses where I spend my money? Or, I know, my family, right? Well, what if I have no relatives? In a nutshell, what defines each of us?

- Jim Glynn - 04-30-2013 05:07 AM

According to most experts, the American future will rely more on personal relationships than on institutional affiliation. The reason: Social media. Through social media -- Facebook, etc. -- people will form networks with others who have similar interests. It will be the similarity of the interests that will be likely to define the person.