Twitist Forums
What is the point of posting pictures on facebook? - Printable Version

+- Twitist Forums (http://twitist.com)
+-- Forum: Facebook forums (/forum-14.html)
+--- Forum: General facebook and life forums (/forum-25.html)
+--- Thread: What is the point of posting pictures on facebook? (/thread-69761.html)

What is the point of posting pictures on facebook? - luminous - 04-30-2013 07:43 PM

i've noticed that many people on facebook post pictures and videos of themselves expecting to hear nice things from others, but what is exactly the point of posting pictures on facebook? i don't get it.

- skate - 04-30-2013 07:55 PM

The point is sharing.

- Y07 - 04-30-2013 08:02 PM

Show off.

- GLaDOS - 04-30-2013 08:13 PM

That's a question that directly correlates with the question: "why does our physiology make us do what we do?"

To which I say, do I look like I know or care?

- mrs. mike - 04-30-2013 08:25 PM

Hi Luminous,

For people who have family members who lives hundreds of miles apart, it's a great way to share what's going on in their lives. Examples: when parents become grandparents and aren't able to travel, pictures of their new grandchild mean a great deal to them. When a child goes off to college in a different part of the country from where the parents live, the parents love seeing pictures of their child's new surroundings and new friends.

It's simply a way of sharing their lives with others, making memories, and a reminder of what's important to them.

Deb