Twitist Forums
How do you respond to being called a bandwagon fan? - Printable Version

+- Twitist Forums (http://twitist.com)
+-- Forum: Facebook forums (/forum-14.html)
+--- Forum: General facebook and life forums (/forum-25.html)
+--- Thread: How do you respond to being called a bandwagon fan? (/thread-69817.html)

Pages: 1 2

How do you respond to being called a bandwagon fan? - Michael - 05-01-2013 12:30 AM

You see the teams I'm a fan of, everytime I get on this page on Facebook called Extreme Sports Debate I get called a bandwagon fan when that's not even the case. Yes, these teams have been successful for the past few years, but I was fan even when they were mediocre. How do you respond to being called a bandwagon fan?
To Bart: Well I was born in San Francisco, but my family is originally from Los Angeles. I went to my first Lakers game when I was 5 years old back in 1994 I've been a Lakers fan ever since. I became a SF Giants fan in 2008, they were the only baseball team in my hometown so i started rooting for them and they were awful but I stayed with them. The 49ers, I became a fan of them at the beginning of this season. Basically, my homestate is California so I root for all California teams.
To DEBS: I get what you're saying, but I've been with all three teams through the good and bad. I won't jump ship at all. Because once I became a fan of these three teams, I'm a fan for life I won't jump on anybody's bandwagon ever.

- Bart - 05-01-2013 12:41 AM

Explain why you're a fan.

- BootsOnTheGround - 05-01-2013 12:51 AM

Hmm. I don't know how to respond to being called a band wagon fan. Then again I am a Houston Texans fan, Houston Rockets fan, Houston Astros fan, and a Texas Longhorns fan. All of which are evident that I am a fan because I was born and raised in Houston, Texas. Maybe you should respond with a joke about their mother. From what I understand that is a game changer.

Edit: I'm not black. I'm half white and half japanese.

- Ryan Nickols - 05-01-2013 01:05 AM

Boots u a black guy but u always got a proper answer lmao

- debs - 05-01-2013 01:20 AM

Lakers, Giants, and 49ers? You're a bandwagon fan somewhere along the line. Maybe you've stuck with the teams long enough you're no longer considered one, but nobody just happens to like the top teams in SF and LA.

Not sure why you care to defend yourself. I suspect I'll be called one soon with the Clippers. My response is they're more than welcome to have a look at my 1981 Terry Cummins and San Diego Super Chicken life size poster that's still in my garage that I got at a game when the Clippers played in San Diego. What's it been? 2 playoff seasons since then?

- Mattitude - 05-01-2013 01:29 AM

My allegiance Is to Collage Football's Alabama,
As far as Pro teams I don't take sides.
I really take my favorite teams week by week.

- Chad C - 05-01-2013 01:34 AM

Im 36 years old. The easiest way to deal with idiots is to pull out pics from when I was 6 with my fav teams gear on. Ive done it several times too.

- robert c - 05-01-2013 01:49 AM

With a look of embarrassment, if the same people know you were rooting for a different winning team the season before.

- Friendlyelbow763 - 05-01-2013 02:02 AM

i never was a bandwagon fan except that one time when the athletics kicked the rangers' a$$es

- Seabiscuit - 05-01-2013 02:17 AM

I like the Niners, A's, and Warriors. Actually there are lots of us out there, even Banjo Man is an A's and Niners fan. Lived in the East Bay for a few years when I was a kid, met Rickey Henderson and was an A's fan ever since. Then we moved to San Mateo county and i became a Niners fan. The Raiders were in L.A. anyways at the time.

I got a buddy who likes the Giants, Niners, and Lakers. Not sure how y'all could be traitors on our Warriors. I support the Warriors all day. I lived in SoCal for a few years and the Lakers were always on TV, that's when they had Cedric, Van Exel, and Peeler, the original Lake Show. I liked that team.

I think if you live in the Bay, you should just be a Warriors fan or be a front runner.