Twitist Forums
Are the six friends who show up on your Facebook profile the ones who view your profile the most? - Printable Version

+- Twitist Forums (http://twitist.com)
+-- Forum: Facebook forums (/forum-14.html)
+--- Forum: General facebook and life forums (/forum-25.html)
+--- Thread: Are the six friends who show up on your Facebook profile the ones who view your profile the most? (/thread-70208.html)

Are the six friends who show up on your Facebook profile the ones who view your profile the most? - graceeey - 05-02-2013 08:35 AM

Mostly the ones who are always there seem to be the ones who i never interact with but they like my photos. Occasionally close friends will show up who I often exchange messages with of facebook. What are your thoughts on this??

- Summer Sun - 05-02-2013 08:37 AM

nope just randoms

- ValiantArmadillo - 05-02-2013 08:46 AM

For me, it seems as though the 6 shown friends are chosen at random from a pool of about 15 friends with whom I've chatted recently, have posted on my wall recently, or I'm in a lot of groups/networks with. No matter how many times I refresh, I can't seem to get any people with whom I haven't interacted for a while.

- Matt - 05-02-2013 08:58 AM

I think it might be based on overall interaction across your whole time on Facebook. For example, I've not contacted my ex for over a year but she often appears in the box of 6 friends, presumably because before a year ago there would have been a lot of interaction. I don't believe that totally explains it though, as others who I don't imagine I've ever had much contact with on Facebook seem to appear quite regularly. I've also noticed that some friends accounts seem to be 'glued' to the box for around a week, then vanish.