Twitist Forums
RHH: What Makes a Song Meaningful to You...? - Printable Version

+- Twitist Forums (http://twitist.com)
+-- Forum: General Social Media & Marketing Forums (/forum-8.html)
+--- Forum: General Social Media questions (/forum-9.html)
+--- Thread: RHH: What Makes a Song Meaningful to You...? (/thread-70263.html)

RHH: What Makes a Song Meaningful to You...? - Dick B - 05-02-2013 01:30 PM

Is simply being able to relate to it's content make it meaningful? Or does just having a positive type of message make it meaningful?

BQ: What's in rotation for ya this fine day?
BQ2: Is it any bit strange to feel compelled to want to look at your ex's social media pages?
Thanks guys. Particularly l.e.b. I'ma do it! lol

- Camille - 05-02-2013 01:38 PM

if it relates to me in some kinda way

BQ: the weeknd - thursday
BQ2: not not at all, i stalk (idk what to call him for real) all the time lol its a bad habit

- Annoyingalarm453 - 05-02-2013 01:44 PM

The Fact That The Song Has A Meaning, Probably Me Knowing That They Put In Work N Effort Into The Song Also Like You Said Relating To Song Too.

BQ- Same Sh*t Different Day ......
BQ2- Haha , You Gotta To Do What You Go Gotta Do, No Remorse In What I Do.

- Swoope - 05-02-2013 01:50 PM

If it connects to me then I am drawn to it. It doesn't necessarily have to be positive, most songs are negative and I can relate to them due to past experiences like deaths in a family and things similar to that.

BQ - Skrip: The Und_rscore 2
BQ2 - Yes

- l.e.b. - 05-02-2013 01:57 PM

Positive messages usually, or emotions I can relate with. For example, "Daughters" was one of the best tracks of 2012 because of it's message, although I can't necessarily relate to it as I'm not a parent, but I can understand what Nas says in the song.

BQ: I listened to Section.80, Control System, The Cold Vein and Skelethon today. So it's a mixed bag I guess.
BQ2: Honestly, it would be weird not to. There's something wrong if you don't feel any need to see what they're doing because a break-up, besides the obvious emotional effects, is a sudden change in routine that you just aren't used to yet and need to adjust to.

- ™sɐN ʎʇsɐN - 05-02-2013 02:00 PM

As long as a song is not completely based on materialistic things, it will probably have some degree of meaning.