Twitist Forums
Brand New Laptop, Blue Screen With Sad Face On It? System Service Exception? HELP!? - Printable Version

+- Twitist Forums (http://twitist.com)
+-- Forum: Facebook forums (/forum-14.html)
+--- Forum: Facebook apps (/forum-22.html)
+--- Thread: Brand New Laptop, Blue Screen With Sad Face On It? System Service Exception? HELP!? (/thread-70668.html)

Brand New Laptop, Blue Screen With Sad Face On It? System Service Exception? HELP!? - Lauren - 05-03-2013 09:26 PM

On christmas day my mum bought me a brand new HP Pavilion g6-2244sa Laptop, it's only been 2 days and it appears to have broken already...
At random points after powering up it keeps popping up with a blue screen which says that it MUST restart as there has been a error and it says i should go online and search system_service_exception or something? it also has a sad face one it at the top... After the blue screen dissapears the laptop restarts and then when it turns on at a random point it will repete the process...

Is it just windows 8 messing up? or do i need to replace my laptop as it is just a faulty one? like i said i have done nothing so far other than turn it on and go on to facebook... I've also deleted norton because a help website said that would stop it but it hasn't!

help!!!!
Ryan- It hasn't come up for a while now, but I don't want to get to hopeful... Would pcworld really send me a faulty pc or is it just messed up or what? I really don't know what to do and I'm panicking... can you ask them to install windows 7 instead of windows 8 aswell because windows 8 is really bad

- Johnny - 05-03-2013 09:27 PM

it may be a fatal virus. the smiley face makes me think that

- Ryan - 05-03-2013 09:37 PM

Since your laptop is only 2 days old, bring it back and replace it for a new one.
I wouldn't recommend trying to fix a 2 day old computer. A lot of times if you purchase a computer from Best Buy, they will do something called pre-setups, where they open the box, install anti virus software, and remove crap ware, in some cases this will affect new workstations.