Twitist Forums
Is this classed as bullying? - Printable Version

+- Twitist Forums (http://twitist.com)
+-- Forum: Facebook forums (/forum-14.html)
+--- Forum: General facebook and life forums (/forum-25.html)
+--- Thread: Is this classed as bullying? (/thread-70986.html)

Pages: 1 2

Is this classed as bullying? - Adam - 05-04-2013 11:03 PM

On ONE OCASION I called someone two bad names IN A COUPLE OF SECONDS SPACE ON ONE DAY. A year later, I commented on something she put on facebook, and it turned into an argument. In this argument, I DID NOT INSULT HER AT ALL. Her mum is now saying she will report me for bullying. I don't do this kind of thing often, it is just this ocasion, So, is this bullying?

- Hondaman - 05-04-2013 11:11 PM

No.

- Mr. Ahmed - 05-04-2013 11:24 PM

Nope.

- Alyssa-May - 05-04-2013 11:29 PM

No it is only counted as bullying if you are insulting that person and it happens at least twice a week.

- Filebuster - 05-04-2013 11:41 PM

I don't know. It is abuse. Do you prefer to be known as a bully or as an abusive person?

- Mollie - 05-04-2013 11:48 PM

What did you say exactly?

It is probably bullying if you are even questioning whether it is bullying or not.

Then again, parents are overprotective, I wouldn't say you are a bully from one occasion but it's hard to say if I don't know what you said.

- Doooommmmm - 05-04-2013 11:50 PM

If she argued back then she is just as bad as you and therefore you werent bullying her. however, it could be classed as bullying if there was more than one of you arguing with her...

You dont seem like the kind of person to go around bullying people, Instinct Wink

- Michael - 05-05-2013 12:06 AM

If you comment on somebodys status who you have been horrible too in the past, they will most likely think you are being horrible to them by commenting. Just stop arguing

- malica - 05-05-2013 12:14 AM

Having done it just once and never again is not bullying. Bullying is the ongoing terrorizing of another. You don't have to necessarily insult someone to bully them - you can threaten them or say any number of other things which could be considered bullying... if they were ongoing. A single incidence of insult/disagreements does not equate to bullying.

I suggest you apologize for whatever it is you said which was not correct (e.g. you don't need to apologize for disagreeing with her, but do apologize if you used a condescending tone, etc) and stay clear of her since her mother is one of "those" mothers.

- Jo W - 05-05-2013 12:16 AM

Report you to whom? Presumably you are a couple of schoolkids and that's how you are behaving.

Her mum's over-reacting.