Twitist Forums
Do christians even read the bible anymore? - Printable Version

+- Twitist Forums (http://twitist.com)
+-- Forum: General Social Media & Marketing Forums (/forum-8.html)
+--- Forum: General Social Media questions (/forum-9.html)
+--- Thread: Do christians even read the bible anymore? (/thread-71388.html)

Pages: 1 2

Do christians even read the bible anymore? - R3AL15T - 05-06-2013 09:43 AM

Do you all get your information from Church only or are you all going to groundwire? It seems like a lot of you like to source your information from there. I guess the bible is going to be just another social media site.
@Sheltie Lover i'm sorry but church will probably kick me out for asking to many questions or challenging their faith.

- Fruit of Life - 05-06-2013 09:54 AM

My aunt reads the bible every day.

- Stimpy - 05-06-2013 10:06 AM

Yes, they read the "nice" parts and skip over all the immorality and violence.

- delightfulScholar626 - 05-06-2013 10:16 AM

obviously not otherwise they would know it is full or errors, contradictions and self contradictions.

- mopar mike - 05-06-2013 10:29 AM

I do, but sadly statistics show that most Christians don't. That's why the Church is suffering and being lead astray.

- mopar mike - 05-06-2013 10:40 AM

Yeah, only the New testament or the nice parts in the Old testament.

- Sheltie Lover - 05-06-2013 10:52 AM

Absolutely! ... Come to a meeting of Jehovah's Witnesses. We use the Bible at every meeting. We also have a Bible reading schedule, that puts Witnesses "on the same page" in their Bible study.

- Quique - 05-06-2013 11:06 AM

I read my bible a lot but am guilty of using a web site now and then. For some time now I only answer a question if think that I can in my own words. What is always in the back of my mind is in 1st Peter where he says to answer with meekness and fear concerning the hope that we have.

Sincerely, Q.

- G C - 05-06-2013 11:15 AM

Don't care for groundwire, just the Bible. I do not go to church to be fed, but to do as God commands and worship with the saints.

- Jbfm - 05-06-2013 11:30 AM

Christians get their information from the priest of their church, the bible of their church and their parents who were brain washed by their parents or in-laws. My mom isn't religious, my father is, my parents are divorced for three years or so now. They were split up for 11 years... my father didn't want to pay 10k...when he makes like 300k in a year... @.@ anyway my mother took care of me and raised me, she told me to be respectful only to those who are respectful towards me and my beliefs. I'm an atheist (a Christian turned atheist, since 2002 I've been an atheist.) anyway Christians are ignorant little cu---nts, I know that comes off offensive but they offend me by saying "if your atheist you don't care what we believe why make comments like you do?" And even before I get to say anything they go and call me a hypocrite cause they don't want to hear what I have to say. Because facts make them butt-hurt. I would know this because I use to be a Christian douchebag, now I'm an atheist asssssshole. and I'm damn well proud to be it.