Twitist Forums
An ex-Facebook friend invited me to join a network group for working people.? - Printable Version

+- Twitist Forums (http://twitist.com)
+-- Forum: Facebook forums (/forum-14.html)
+--- Forum: General facebook and life forums (/forum-25.html)
+--- Thread: An ex-Facebook friend invited me to join a network group for working people.? (/thread-71760.html)

An ex-Facebook friend invited me to join a network group for working people.? - Sunny_1_ - 05-07-2013 03:18 PM

We were best friends a couple of decades ago but she married and I continued my education. We have been connected on Facebook for several years along with her two boys and one daughter-in-law. To make a long story short, she posted a couple of non-family picks and deleted my post but carried on a conversation with her bff about the other post. I un-friended her and she can still see me and I can still see her.

My question is this: She has no need what-so-ever to be on this work related network. I use this network to find jobs and connect with recruiters. Why is she asking me to connect with her?

- Blue Planet - 05-07-2013 03:26 PM

Ask, why is it so hard 4 people 2 just ask?

- chena - 05-07-2013 03:35 PM

Obviously, none of us are mind readers and you have the right to decline the request, which is what I generally do.

Although, I am not a mind reader, since the site is for job seekers to "network" with employers and others who may know someone who may have an unadvertised, job opportunity. Connecting with this ex-face book friend will allow her access to all the people that you know and vice versa.

Of course, you could send her a "what's up email about the connection request?" through the work related site and based on her reply, decide whether you want to connect.