Twitist Forums
java programs to prove to my teacher that i know java well? AP computer science? - Printable Version

+- Twitist Forums (http://twitist.com)
+-- Forum: Facebook forums (/forum-14.html)
+--- Forum: Facebook apps (/forum-22.html)
+--- Thread: java programs to prove to my teacher that i know java well? AP computer science? (/thread-71894.html)

java programs to prove to my teacher that i know java well? AP computer science? - nksoccerman - 05-08-2013 02:26 AM

Hi, I am a freshman in high school and am extremely good at programming (I think.. i could be full of myself). Anyway i need to show some java programs to my teacher, because that's whats they use in our school for programming. some programs i have created already include a minecraft mod downloader, a music uploader and streamer, a facebook gui, a graphical card game, and a very basic 3d renderer app. I am not sure what my teacher exactly wants, maybe some extremely complicated program like a png file manipulator? Any ideas??

- Andy T - 05-08-2013 02:28 AM

You are full of yourself, indeed.

What are: stacks, lists, link lists, recursion, tree, queue, scale back a bit, to Java itself, bytecode, native code, enumeration, iterator, template?

If you can produce a fractal generator into PNG I am impressed.

- Nathaniel - 05-08-2013 02:30 AM

Learn reflection (java feature) and write a virus Tongue

Honestly, some sort of image filter like Photoshop uses takes a lot of data manipulation, so something that might be acceptable.

- Kaydell - 05-08-2013 02:47 AM

I think that you should be a good coder, following Java's coding conventions and producing good object-oriented code where the classes have a good separation of concerns.

It is part of the AP computer science curriculum to understand data-structeds, such as linked-lists, stacks, queues, trees, array, and algorithms such as sorting. You should be able to calculate big-O time order complexity such as O(n), O(log(n)), O(nlog(n)) etc given an algorithm you should be able to calculate the big-O for it.

It would be great if you knew a little about design patterns such as model-view-controller (MVC).

It would be great if you could create Java apps with good GUI using Swing.