Twitist Forums
NO ONE IS ANSWERING MY QUESTION? Please help!? - Printable Version

+- Twitist Forums (http://twitist.com)
+-- Forum: Twitter forums (/forum-1.html)
+--- Forum: Twitter abbreviations (/forum-4.html)
+--- Thread: NO ONE IS ANSWERING MY QUESTION? Please help!? (/thread-72256.html)

Pages: 1 2

NO ONE IS ANSWERING MY QUESTION? Please help!? - anon - 05-09-2013 10:19 AM

So I met this guy on Twitter. Yes it's legit, we actually even know some of the same people in real life (I can even see he talks to them online etc). We live in a small country.

He lives 2.5 hours away. We started talking this week every night from like 8pm til 4am.
He started the conversation most of the time.
I started the conversation yesterday. He compliments me A LOT and I compliment him too, and we talk about relationships, life, college, movies, everything. He's kind of a nerd, but in a good way. He's intelligent. He seems very down to earth..you can tell even by the way he talks to other people!
I told him a few things and I said I have been hurt by guys before. He said I didn't have to worry about that with him.
Anyway, we return to different colleges from monday and I want to keep talking. I don't want us to fade. I kind of wish he'd ask me for my number...but I think he's shy or he thinks I don't want to give him my number. When I say how nice and sweet he is he replies with ''Really??'' etc.

What do I do? I don't want us to get too busy and forget, I want this to go somewhere, maybe he's not making any moves because of the distance? But he seems kind of shy anyway. maybe a bit insecure. He hasn't talked to me tonight, for the first time in 5 days. He said yesterday he has no plans for the weekend. I'm getting attached and it sucks! I'm not being stalkerish I just think he's a GENUINE guy and I don't want it to end before it even begins...

He tells me he loves talking to me, he compliments my personality, says I'm interesting, we laugh a lot, give each other nicknames, etc..If he doesn't talk tomorrow I'll be pissed all day lol.
I can't just be like oh hey can I have your number, honestly I don't have it in me..

- Good - 05-09-2013 10:20 AM

then you make the move

- Minty - 05-09-2013 10:36 AM

i think you should just casually look through your phone and say you'll call him, then pretend to realize you dont have his number and go , " hey do I have your number?" then he will probably give it to you

- tallrat526 - 05-09-2013 10:44 AM

Well, pick a topic about something close to phone numbers and then ask for his, or hope that he'll ask for yours.

- Kristine - 05-09-2013 10:46 AM

Sounds like you have a good relationship going. Why not tell him you are enjoying the relationship so far and see how he reacts. If positive share your concerns about keeping it going. Work it out.

- Tony - 05-09-2013 10:54 AM

Just give him your number! That's no big deal at all. The girl im seeing now first got my number from one of my friends and texted me the day after we first hung out so I'd have her number, too. I thought it was awesome that she did that and showed interest! Been crazy about her since!

- Allie - 05-09-2013 11:05 AM

give him your number

- Amazingstation966 - 05-09-2013 11:16 AM

Busta move & call him, then he'll have ur # on eh's box k? U seem overwhelming & pushy, perhaps its you who makes him stand back...stop that, allow time to evolve on this. If its meant 2b then you'll see! Unattached yourself, ur 2 different people! act as tho it another day w/a friend who may or may not call you. If u keep pushing others pull away! Be patient have acceptance, look around you don't u see others having problems w/relationships b/c another/other has control and/or distressing issues?
You don't know him yet,he may not be ur favorite thing. ..we all are separate entity's w/our own free will experiences. He's a stranger,may have some weird azz hangups u don't know about yet. Don't try to change him either; that's a game breaker always! All ppl are nice@1st, that's how they get to us...later we find what appears 2b good isn't,as what doesn't seem good always was..sometimes we are better off alone w/out added weight & troubles...
He Suez he like you etc..let it come together naturally..he'll call trust me!

- Seth - 05-09-2013 11:21 AM

So check it out. First off let me start by saying have you ever heard the saying "absence makes the heart grow fonder"? The less he talks to you the more you're gonna wanna talk to him. Its natural to feel that way, but don't let those thoughts infest your mind. Keep your options open, because even if you do keep talking you don't want to sound desperate to the guy. Also, if he decides he doesn't like you it will be much easier for you to move on if you already have other guys in your sites.

Now, what you should do in this situation is say the line "I gotta go, here is my number -------, You should text me!" This is a very neutral thing to say and it makes it seem like you have other things to do with your time so he will see that you're not desperate. A lot of guys in this day of age are shy to ask a girl for their number, to go out, to talk, or anything like that. So I wouldn't be surprised if he was just shy.

Im sure he will be stoked to get your number! Hope this helps!!

- AlyssaC - 05-09-2013 11:24 AM

Try video chatting. Tell him to keep in touch. Try being bold and ask him to hang out this weekend. I can definitely relate to this. Don't be thrown off if he doesn't chat you first, maybe he's waiting for you to chat him. Go right now and say, " Hey, what's up?" Wouldn't hurt anything. He also might have plans today and can't get online. It sounds like he really likes you. About your phone number, just causally say, "If you ever need anything my number is..." Or "You should call me sometime, I'd like to here your voice." Something like that. It sounds like you guys are really hitting it off, I wish you the best of luck!(: