Twitist Forums
How do you all suppose we solve the problem of wealth inequality? Also, are you liberal or conservative? - Printable Version

+- Twitist Forums (http://twitist.com)
+-- Forum: General Social Media & Marketing Forums (/forum-8.html)
+--- Forum: General Social Media questions (/forum-9.html)
+--- Thread: How do you all suppose we solve the problem of wealth inequality? Also, are you liberal or conservative? (/thread-72472.html)

Pages: 1 2

How do you all suppose we solve the problem of wealth inequality? Also, are you liberal or conservative? - Ed - 05-10-2013 03:38 AM

@Pops, then why is it that the hardest workers the poorest, and the richest people don't benefit society?
And I don't mean solving the problem by having everyone make the same, I mean solving the problem of the huge wealth gap. The rich are making too much, the poor are making too little.

- AverageJoe - 05-10-2013 03:46 AM

WHAT "problem" of wealth inequality?

- kyle - 05-10-2013 03:51 AM

1) Get a education
2) Get a job

- Chris - 05-10-2013 04:06 AM

Have people earn money based on the work that they do.

Conservative.

- Future Chemist - 05-10-2013 04:21 AM

return to more progressive tax rates

lowering cost of higher education

I hope this was of use!

- Brian B - 05-10-2013 04:26 AM

Limit the max amount a CEO can pay themselves in comparison to their lowest wage employee. Link federal min wage to the cost of living.

- thomas_paine - 05-10-2013 04:32 AM

Go back to the high taxes for the rich and liberalism that made America into a superpower under FDR.

Weath should come from hard work, not from inheritance.

- Joe in texas - 05-10-2013 04:37 AM

The Democrat plan would be to make everyone equally poor.

It's called trickle up poverty which is part of the war on prosperity.

- Orange Smith - 05-10-2013 04:52 AM

Wealth inequality can't be fixed unless you resort to communism. However, as the Soviet Union and other communism countries have shown us, the wealth inequality just then spreads to the social elite (the politicians, the actors, the celebrities... Maybe that's why they like it so much?).

There will always be wealth inequality, there is no way around it.

There will always be someone with more than others, either because of being born with a silver spoon in his mouth, or because he climbed the ladder due to luck or hard work.

But what is the problem with wealth inequality? Why is it wrong that someone makes vastly more than someone else; as long as it's in fair means? The person making vast amounts of money usually ends up re-investing to get more money, and these investments stimulate the flow of the market and generate more money for other areas.

Hard work leads to greater success. Of course, luck also plays a factor.

-------------------

@your response to Pops.

Ah, here we see a typical leap in logic that assumes the richest people don't benefit society, nor work hard.

I won't lie, many times some of the hardest workers are the poor. Sadly, that's just how the world works, and how luck works. Yet, we must also remember that our life times are finite, and that the work we do now may carry over to our children. After all, that was the goal of my Father's immigrant family that came here and worked in poverty to give their children a new life, and they succeeded.

But what about those lazy rich? The media likes to paint the rich as laid-back, lazy sods that rape society. I won't lie, this is true for some of the most corrupt, and richest of society (of course, these are also the ones that are in bed with our corrupt government -another issue all together), but for the majority of the top percent, they are hard working people who deserve what they get.

My friend's father worked like a dog. He traveled to China constantly, and spent months away from home working hard. He worked his !@# off for his success, and it paid off. He is rich, but he didn't exactly get it from nothing.

It's a lie that is propagated by the media that the rich do nothing to get their money. They work hard, and in some cases harder (having to bear the burdens of running a company. Which is no small feat, of course, we don't know what it's like, thus, leading to our formation of stereotypes thanks to the media).

---------------------

@your second response.

Ah, but how do we define what is too much and what is too little?

Who are we to say to someone who spends his days and nights working that he makes too much? Do you think he or she went around stealing from the poor? Of course not, however this is the mindset our filthy politicians (funded by the most corrupt upper 1% that are robbing us blind) want us to believe.

Hard work, whether it's physical, or mental labor in a field, cubicle, or in a top-floor office overlooking wall street should be rewarded.

Who are we to define what is too much or too little? The rich and poor both have their different values, who is right?

Perhaps we should look at our government instead, that has failed us more than one-occassion; since they are the ones that have a job to fulfill and standards to meet, instead of the rich. They failed us, repeatedly, and now blame us, and force us upon one-another so that we don't attack them.

It's time we stand up to Washington. Ironic, the city named after our revolutionary hero that freed us from corrupt government is now the source of all our troubles caused by corrupt government.

- mommanuke - 05-10-2013 04:58 AM

First, we have to bring some people in touch with the reality that the middle class, no matter how hard they work, have seen their incomes either stagnate or drop over the last thirty years. Last summer's strike against Hostess was about the third pay cut in a row, while the CEO's had tripled their own salary.

I propose tax advantages for companies that manufacture their goods here and tax penalties to companies who manufacture them abroad, equivalent to the amount of money they saved by making them there.