Twitist Forums
Is it sad of me to do this? - Printable Version

+- Twitist Forums (http://twitist.com)
+-- Forum: Twitter forums (/forum-1.html)
+--- Forum: Twitter General help (/forum-6.html)
+--- Thread: Is it sad of me to do this? (/thread-73392.html)

Is it sad of me to do this? - Natasha - 05-27-2013 02:22 PM

Hey

So I am 20 years old and I often go to London to see a show or go to the cinema by myself.

Now, I don't mind doing it. I love it, the freedom to go where you want, see what you want, your choice completely.

But earlier, just out of interest, I did a twitter search on cinema on own, and every result was - its sad im in cinema on own, don't wanna seem like a loner on cinema on own.

Why is it like that nowadays? Is it wrong to be a bit of a loner? I am auditioning for drama school later this year so that is why I see a lot of shows on my own and films. Also I went on a tour of RADA and I was the ONLY one there, that was by themselves.

Why are people so afraid on going out by themselves?

Thanks Smile

- Moz - 05-27-2013 02:25 PM

First, I LOVE that you enjoy doing things on your own.

I too, have always been a loner, and I find experiences much deeper without having to "share" them with someone else's experiences...

I think the answer to your question lies in the core, "we are the world," mentality that "it takes a village," yadda yadda yadda. Similar to the mentality that has people criss-crossing the country to celebrate Thanksgiving with family...madness.

But it is part of the "pack" mentality that defines humanity, I believe. We are evolved from fish at our most ancient, and they do tend to travel in "schools..."

BTW, I don't think it sad at all, I consider it highly adventurous, especially if you write the experiences down (no matter how banal), or take some photos of encounters along the way...

~M

- Susan - 05-27-2013 02:26 PM

definitely not sad at all do what makes you happy