Twitist Forums
What is the best social network, or other tool, to share my self-published work with readers? - Printable Version

+- Twitist Forums (http://twitist.com)
+-- Forum: Twitter forums (/forum-1.html)
+--- Forum: Twitter General help (/forum-6.html)
+--- Thread: What is the best social network, or other tool, to share my self-published work with readers? (/thread-73587.html)

What is the best social network, or other tool, to share my self-published work with readers? - M - 05-27-2013 03:52 PM

I am self-publishing my first novel. Is Facebook an effective tool to help new readers find my book and share feedback with me? And for me to find new readers? Or is there a better social network or other tool?

- adison - 05-27-2013 04:02 PM

Try wattpad, I'll read it just say the name Smile

- Gene D - 05-27-2013 04:09 PM

I started looking into the same thing recently. I don't think facebook is good for that... but depends on what you want to get out of it. I think there is a way to build the eBook with some Amazon sw that will let you create it for Kindle and have it up in their book marketplace. Then you use something like Facebook or twitter to generate some buzz - maybe with marketing, or putting up some shorter excerpts up on FB for people to get a taste of your writing, then they hopefully will go and get it on Amazon. However, I'm new to this as well, so I want to also hear what others are thinking ...

- Sara Andrew - 05-27-2013 04:14 PM

Wattpad! Many people who write their stories on there get published.

- quietvein662 - 05-27-2013 04:14 PM

You should try Wattpad, making a facebook page, and posting a link on reddit Smile