Twitist Forums
What's with the #writtinglikethis #onfacebook #ionlyjustgotfacebook #andIamclueless? - Printable Version

+- Twitist Forums (http://twitist.com)
+-- Forum: Facebook forums (/forum-14.html)
+--- Forum: General facebook and life forums (/forum-25.html)
+--- Thread: What's with the #writtinglikethis #onfacebook #ionlyjustgotfacebook #andIamclueless? (/thread-74245.html)

What's with the #writtinglikethis #onfacebook #ionlyjustgotfacebook #andIamclueless? - Esmeralda - 07-17-2013 09:10 AM

Seriously, why do people write stuff #likethis on Facebook? Is it just for fun or to look cool? How do I do it? Can some knowledgeable facebooker pleas explain it to me? ASAP?!

- Circababe - 07-17-2013 09:14 AM

They R hashtagging and they think it's twitter lol

- Moka - 07-17-2013 09:20 AM

This means "hashtag's" and it's used mainly on Twitter, when you write an #Hashtag then you can make an atomatic search...

- chrissie - 07-17-2013 09:30 AM

I think its a twitter thing..

They call it a hashtag.

- Thrasher - 07-17-2013 09:46 AM

They probably have it set to post their twitter post straight to Facebook.

- MandaMarie - 07-17-2013 09:58 AM

It's what people use on twitter. It's quite stupid and annoying (my opinion). There's no point to it on Facebook but people do it anyways to seem "cool". Just like the whole swag and yolo thing -.-

- Karthik - 07-17-2013 10:13 AM

Those are called hash tags man and they don't work in facebook.they are used in site like twitter in order to facilitate search.when a person updates some thing with a hash tag and when some one else makes a search with same the hash tag his update will appear in the search result with all the other updates with the same hash tag!