Twitist Forums
Facebook thinks i have a fake account? - Printable Version

+- Twitist Forums (http://twitist.com)
+-- Forum: Facebook forums (/forum-14.html)
+--- Forum: General facebook and life forums (/forum-25.html)
+--- Thread: Facebook thinks i have a fake account? (/thread-74375.html)

Facebook thinks i have a fake account? - L0L - 07-18-2013 04:33 AM

Facebook thinks i have a fake account. I dont. they want me to verify by giving my number but i dont have one and i dont want to upload a government ID...what should i do? Thanks

- Blackthorn - 07-18-2013 04:43 AM

I just came back to facebook after leaving a long time ago now they're doing the same to me. I don't have a cellphone and I'm not giving my id to a stupid social media site. It's ridiculus!!! I suggest you go to facebook, help, and submit feedback. They're super hard to get ahold of though.

- Kittysue - 07-18-2013 04:49 AM

They do this because one of your friends (or enemies) reported you as a fake account. You need to prove your identity either with a phone number or photo ID or they will take down your profile
Do you have a school ID with your picture on it? Just say that you don't have a phone, license or passport but you have a school ID (or library card, gym membership, etc) that has your name and photo on it

- kyle - 07-18-2013 04:59 AM

Same thing happened to me, but I gave 'em my ID. Everyone has different answers as to how long it'll take for Facebook to get back to me, though. How long does it really take - from someone who this has happened to?

- Afrasiab - 07-18-2013 05:12 AM

Phone verification is the solution for it.