Twitist Forums
Am i allowed to create a page for an artist on Facebook, given that he/she doesn't have one? - Printable Version

+- Twitist Forums (http://twitist.com)
+-- Forum: Facebook forums (/forum-14.html)
+--- Forum: General facebook and life forums (/forum-25.html)
+--- Thread: Am i allowed to create a page for an artist on Facebook, given that he/she doesn't have one? (/thread-74681.html)

Am i allowed to create a page for an artist on Facebook, given that he/she doesn't have one? - fuzzy - 07-20-2013 12:33 AM

I imagine the title must be misleading. Bear with me. What i'm asking is if whether or not i would be violating any Facebook terms if i went ahead and created a Facebook "Artist" page for a person who does not currently have one on the aforementioned site.I want to do this because i wanted to like this person, and as a result, add them to my "Music" section, but was disappointed to find that he didn't have a page created for him.

If it helps any, the individual in question is Kevin McLeod, a relatively famous music producer who composes free music that is readily available for use for free by anyone who so wishes (there's a good chance you've heard many of his tunes in Youtube videos).

Thanks in advance.

- Raquel - 07-20-2013 12:39 AM

maybe if it was just a fan page thing.

- Sonic - 07-20-2013 12:44 AM

you cannot create a page to impersonate a artist but you can create a fan page about the band, with limitations since all the music is copyright, so your page can get shutdown if they dont like it or dont want you doing it