Twitist Forums
Random people keep messaging me on facebook What can I do to stop this? - Printable Version

+- Twitist Forums (http://twitist.com)
+-- Forum: Facebook forums (/forum-14.html)
+--- Forum: General facebook and life forums (/forum-25.html)
+--- Thread: Random people keep messaging me on facebook What can I do to stop this? (/thread-74780.html)

Random people keep messaging me on facebook What can I do to stop this? - c. - 07-20-2013 02:22 PM

I was cyberbullied for two years online on facebook and then deleted my account. I had mad a new one with only my family members but some person that I don't know and that I don't have any mutual friends with just messaged me yesterday and kept trying to send me emails today. I didn't reply to it and I blocked that person because I don't want to get cyberbullied again.

There are two different settings for messages. Which one should I put to stop this and stop unknown people from messaging me?

These are the settings and I put strict filtering but I got message from this person with that setting on.

Whose messages do I want filtered into my Inbox?

Basic Filtering · Recommended

Mostly friends and people you may know.

Strict Filtering

Mostly just friends — you may miss messages from other people you know.

- completed_01 - 07-20-2013 02:31 PM

strict means only friends list people.

- nayakatul - 07-20-2013 02:40 PM

Strict Filtering should have kept out the unwanted message. Under Privacy Settings look for the 'How do I stop someone from bothering me?' add the name or email of that person to block that person for good.

- Chris - 07-20-2013 02:55 PM

LOL, Cyberbullied? What a fucking joke haha, Oh no somedude called me a faggot on youtube. Just block them and ignore it. Or don't use facebook all the time.

- Daniel - 07-20-2013 02:59 PM

You Want Strict Filtering Please Note This will Not Stop Messages Completely Facebook Does Not Have a Setting For That Anymore It Will Just Make it So That Instead of Going to your inbox it will Go To The Other Folder