Twitist Forums
If I'm logged onto facebook, can someone log onto my account from another computer in the house? - Printable Version

+- Twitist Forums (http://twitist.com)
+-- Forum: Facebook forums (/forum-14.html)
+--- Forum: General facebook and life forums (/forum-25.html)
+--- Thread: If I'm logged onto facebook, can someone log onto my account from another computer in the house? (/thread-75257.html)

Pages: 1 2

If I'm logged onto facebook, can someone log onto my account from another computer in the house? - Brent - 07-23-2013 07:27 AM

I'm curious because I'm worried of the possibility of my mom watching as i chat with friends on facebook. i dont have much privacy

- Goldie Gal - 07-23-2013 07:34 AM

Yes they can. I share my account with the family because its much easier to have 1 account for us. We have multiple computers in the house and can all log onto facebook. If your mom knows your password, just change it otherwise she will be able to log on and see your chats as your chatting.

- XxBYRNESxX - 07-23-2013 07:44 AM

No

- savannah - 07-23-2013 07:49 AM

Yea...I go on my friend's all the time when she's on too. You can't even tell if someone else is on your account while you are on..

- Genet Tesfay - 07-23-2013 07:50 AM

Lol, i used to think so but no she cant,! Why would ur mom would even try to stalk you!

- Charlie - 07-23-2013 07:59 AM

Yes, this is what allows you to log in on multiple devices. Your account isnt like a chair, where only 1 person can sit in it. If someone else tried logging into your accoint facebook would just give them a duplicate chair, that both of you could alter.

- abraXus - 07-23-2013 08:07 AM

yes, you can be signed into your account on multiple computers, even if they arent in the same house

- MKultra - 07-23-2013 08:18 AM

Only if they have your username/password.

Your parents may be logging all your activity with a simple 'parenting' program though.

- Angeleyes - 07-23-2013 08:22 AM

No they can't, not without your password, and if you're logged in then they cannot log in using your password. They can log in from another computer and sign into facebook and see you online, best thing to do is turn off chat when you log into facebook then they can't see you online.

- Colsen Semple - 07-23-2013 08:29 AM

If you share a computer and they are connected to each other and forget to log out then yes. If not, then no.