Twitist Forums
How does privatizing Social Security accounts work exaclty? - Printable Version

+- Twitist Forums (http://twitist.com)
+-- Forum: General Social Media & Marketing Forums (/forum-8.html)
+--- Forum: Social Marketing (/forum-10.html)
+--- Thread: How does privatizing Social Security accounts work exaclty? (/thread-7674.html)

How does privatizing Social Security accounts work exaclty? - kittenangl1 - 10-12-2012 09:02 PM

I don't understand if it is like a bank account, or if they put tax money into an "account" that they invest in the stock market. Or what privatizing accounts is exacly...

- Michael T - 10-12-2012 09:10 PM

There is no law in place right now so there is really no right answer. I believe the current administration proposal is that some portion of the social security can go into private accounts, but that the investments will be regulated; you can't invest in highly speculative things like penny stocks, but can invest in high quality bonds, stock market indexes and the like.

- SLOWTHINKER - 10-12-2012 09:10 PM

THIS IS SPECULATIVE. DUE TO THE US GOVERNMENT'S CONTINUAL DIPPING, THAT WENT AMUK. THE GOVERNMENT IS ATTEMPTING TO COVER ITS TRACKS, BY IMPOSING A LAW OF FAULT. THEY WANT YOU TO INVEST IN NON-INSURED SELECTIVE STOCKS . DEPENDING ON THE STOCK, IF IT DROPS-YOU LOSE, NO RECOVERY (there are stocks that will recover. you must do your homework). BEING THAT CORPORATE AMERICA IS VERY SAVVY & WITH THE GOVERNMENT'S BLESSING-THEY WILL PREVAIL. THE STORY OF AMERICA IS IN FRONT OF YOU!

- lady - 10-12-2012 09:10 PM

not that important i guess