Twitist Forums
How to stop people who aren't your friends from tagging you on Facebook? - Printable Version

+- Twitist Forums (http://twitist.com)
+-- Forum: Facebook forums (/forum-14.html)
+--- Forum: General facebook and life forums (/forum-25.html)
+--- Thread: How to stop people who aren't your friends from tagging you on Facebook? (/thread-77023.html)

How to stop people who aren't your friends from tagging you on Facebook? - Eden - 08-02-2013 12:35 AM

People can still tag me in their comments on Facebook--people who aren't even my friends on Facebook (seriously, we're not even FB friends).

I have my privacy settings enabled so I can review all posts I'm tagged in but when a non-friend tags me in a comment, it doesn't show up on my activity log and there's no option to remove it. I get a notification saying so-and-so mentioned you in a comment.

I know there's a way to prevent people from tagging you because I have certain friends and there are many pages that don't give me the option of tagging them in a comment with the "@" symbol. I just don't know how to get this for me.

I'd really like to know how to disable or stop people (especially non-friends) from tagging me on Facebook.

- Bobby Gecko - 08-02-2013 12:45 AM

dude, whats the big deal.... it's a website

just tell them straight up not to tag you, if they are not your friend then it should be that hard.

- Varunkumar varun - 08-02-2013 12:47 AM

Go to privacy settings and click timeline and tagging option and change the option that Who can add things to my timeline? (to me)

- KJBALAJI - 08-02-2013 12:54 AM

simple..change ur privacy settings...Smile