Twitist Forums
What are the alternatives to privatizing Social Security? - Printable Version

+- Twitist Forums (http://twitist.com)
+-- Forum: General Social Media & Marketing Forums (/forum-8.html)
+--- Forum: Social Marketing (/forum-10.html)
+--- Thread: What are the alternatives to privatizing Social Security? (/thread-7715.html)

Pages: 1 2

What are the alternatives to privatizing Social Security? - Fbomonkey Returns - 10-12-2012 09:51 PM

I know that privatizing SS into the stock market is not a perfect solution but I have yet to hear any alternatives. As of this year SS spends more than it takes in and in less than 10 years it will be bankrupt. If all you have to say is, "eliminate wasteful spending and fraud," then take that noise else where because the government will never be able to do it.

So lay it on me, what are some alternatives to the stock market?
Mother Hubbard: That is what they are doing now but they just can't seem to do it with out fouling it up.

- Mother Hubbard - 10-12-2012 09:59 PM

The government uses taxes and administers it.

- faintpear947 - 10-12-2012 09:59 PM

Stop wasting money on Retard wars and helping unAmerican companies relocate.

- isurvived - 10-12-2012 09:59 PM

You save for your retirement. If you don't, you suffer the consequences.

- Johnny Sokko - 10-12-2012 09:59 PM

Start phasing it out completely.

Let people entering the work force today keep their money and plan for their own retirement.

- Sadcat - 10-12-2012 09:59 PM

Bonds.
Bond Funds.
Real Estate.
Real Estate Investment Trusts.
Money Market Accounts
Short-term debt instruments.
Options.
Currency Swaps.
Mortgage-backed securities.

Why do you believe that the only kind of private investment is in the stock market?

- Pixie - 10-12-2012 09:59 PM

find out why there are more people of ethnic persuasion collecting it per capita against whites.something is wrong with that equation.when democrats opened it up for fraud back with clinton.claims went through the roof.

- curvedmonth613 - 10-12-2012 09:59 PM

Under your mattress would be better than the benefits you'll receive in a lifetime. The numbers do not justify the program. Amazing how idiots say we cannot risk our savings in the Market, so instead support a guaranteed loss through the government.

The programs takes 12.4% of the working poor's wages. Why don't the Liberals understand that the government is keeping them poor? Not inheritable savings. No wonder they never escape poverty.

- Ensign Ricky - 10-12-2012 09:59 PM

how 'bout NOT privatizing it?
drop nasa
drop homeland security
drop sarah palin
what else are we paying for that's useless?

- sillyghost567 - 10-12-2012 09:59 PM

...not privatizing it?

Saying it should be privatized because the government is pilfering it is not a logical plan of action. That's like saying the bank is stealing from my savings so I'll keep my money under my bed. Wrong, if the bank starts stealing your money, you sue the shit out of the bank!

America's government gets away with doing whatever they want because Americans don't hold the government responsible for anything. You sit around pointing the finger at each other, "It's the Republicans fault", "No, it's the Democrats". Both wrong, it's the government. All your leaders have been abusing your social security program for years and if you don't get angry and demand they stop, they're not going to.