Twitist Forums
What current trends or fads will make people cringe in the future? - Printable Version

+- Twitist Forums (http://twitist.com)
+-- Forum: Twitter forums (/forum-1.html)
+--- Forum: Twitter Trends (/forum-7.html)
+--- Thread: What current trends or fads will make people cringe in the future? (/thread-7736.html)

Pages: 1 2 3

What current trends or fads will make people cringe in the future? - The Teesside Popular Front - 10-12-2012 10:12 PM

Facebook. Twitter. Ugg Boots. Over-sized sunglasses. Miserable model-chic. X-Factor. Big Brother. Mullets (the return of). Ballet Pumps. Emo culture. Sports casual. Man-bags. Celebrity culture.

Or others...

Which of these will remain timeless, and which shall become the future 'shoulder pads' for sheer embarrassment factor?

"Oh my God. Look at the size of my Twitter in that photo. How shameful."
Great answers so far.

JJ - good points friend. Piercings.... agh.

Smokin' Gun.... I knew it somehow. Make sure your best pair are on for Norris Cole.... LOL

New Boots. Come on. Tell your uncle Bridge Over the River Tees. You do that, don't you????
Hypocrite - I did grow up in the death throes of CB radios popularity too... I remember one guy had notions of listening to police conversations but instead got a very fuzzy interception of a taxi. Once. Then it broke.

- mammothfuel892 - 10-12-2012 10:20 PM

The 80's revival that seems to be happening at the moment.
It was awful in the 80's and it's even worse now that people trying hard to revive it.

- Merryfog846 - 10-12-2012 10:20 PM

facebook cause theyll have mindbook , u use ur minds instead of the computer .. lol.. theyll be like how primitive facebook was.. haha

- Judas Jones - 10-12-2012 10:20 PM

Mobile phones - haha look at that old ipod 3g house brick we will say as we all walk around with microchips under our skin.

Bluetooth headsets - People walking around talking/shouting.looked stupid to start with, still looks stupid and will look even more stupid in the future.

Women with tattoos - haha... look at old granny with stars tattooed on her wrinkled chops... or the lower back tattoo which now hangs out under the ill fitting blouse.... yuk.

Tongue piercings, eyebrow piercings....

The list is endless... oh how I look forward to the future Smile

- Smoking Gun - 10-12-2012 10:20 PM

Fortunately these are short lived fads...we live in a disposable 'easy-come, easy-go' society...these will be replaced by equally cringe worthy fads every 'season'!

Of your choices I think Facebook will be around for a while to come; Twitter will die an agonising death (we can only hope!) Uggs (Don't get me started on Uggs!!) All the others can die in a steaming vat of 3 month old vomit, laced with carbolic acid!

BTW, I love ballet pumps...!!
EDIT: ♪♫Go Norris, ♪♫Go Norris!!

- Your long lost Kitten - 10-12-2012 10:20 PM

Yahoo Answers.

- Thomas - 10-12-2012 10:20 PM

Let's be a touch serious for a moment. Big cringe factor. Both New Labour & the Tories want to lengthen the waiting time to qualify for a retirement pension. By the time you youngsters reach it, it'll probably be 80 or 90 , that's if there is employment in the future. Be careful with your vote. Anyway, I still use Brylcreme as I did when I was a Teddy Boy in the 1950s.
THOMAS

- New Boots. - 10-12-2012 10:20 PM

Not that I'm actually guilty of this but, wandering the streets in broad daylight in pyjamas and Ugg boots! What possesses a grown adult to think it's ok to go shopping in their jamas?

No, sorry, my conscious is clear on this one, not guilty! I have occasionally left the house in boudoir attire but only for a romantic assignation, never Sainsburys.

Hypocrite, oh, no, C.B Radio! Another part of my murky past uncovered. My handle was Bushbaby, I never got very far with it either but I thought I was so cool. Thanks for that blast from the past, I'd forgotten all about it.

- Princess Jess - 10-12-2012 10:20 PM

I was gonna say tattoos as well.
I know I def regret mine so who knows how people who have tattoo sleeves will feel in years to come.

- Pestyapparel993 - 10-12-2012 10:20 PM

OMG! Did I really spend 15 hours a day on Yahoo! Answers?

I don't understand the mullet phenomenon. I mean, seriously, it was awful in the 80's and it's still a totally awful haircut now. No matter how I look at it, it is always going to make me think of drab market stalls.

Do you think that Twitter and all that could be like CB radio? Every kid wanted a CB back in the day. I had one set up in my parents bedroom. I wanted it in mine, but there wasn't an electricity socket in there! My handle was "Telly Monster". Now that is shockingly mundane.

My plan was to chat to other kids from far flung places. In reality, my CB didn't have a big enough aerial, so I only managed to get across to the other side of town and the conversations were hardly private; given that there were only 40 channels.

It was a whole other world, now mostly the preserve of die hard enthusiasts. Perhaps Facebook, will just have a few hundred members in another 20 years.

Edit. Haz. Those Arm warmer things have a sexy edge, don't you think? Second thoughts. Maybe not. Big Grin

Edit 2. Cor Blimey. What a stunner.
http://www.sportcartoons.co.uk/members/avrillavigne.html