Twitist Forums
What makes one social media site better then its competitor? - Printable Version

+- Twitist Forums (http://twitist.com)
+-- Forum: General Social Media & Marketing Forums (/forum-8.html)
+--- Forum: General Social Media questions (/forum-9.html)
+--- Thread: What makes one social media site better then its competitor? (/thread-7786.html)

What makes one social media site better then its competitor? - Avraham - 10-12-2012 11:03 PM

Are there any real, objective standards in evaluating social media sites?

- Banana - 10-12-2012 11:11 PM

I agree

- Ungratefulmint928 - 10-12-2012 11:11 PM

I think every site has it's different qualities, but if you want to get down to it, it's probably many factors.

1) Traffic - the main thing keeping these sites alive is advertising & the one thing an advertiser wants to see is who has the most traffic.

2) Registered Users - Also referring to advertising, the amount of registered users a site has says how many people it can influence to buy.

3) Evolving content - Social Media sites die if their users are not active. If there are no new posts, there are no new reasons to visit it.

4) Who's on the site - I think the best thing Twitter has done was got the verified celebrities involved. They made themselves the #1 place to look if you really want to know what your favorite celebs are up to.