Twitist Forums
I have discovered a major facebook flaw that enables one to view private photos ... how can i report it? - Printable Version

+- Twitist Forums (http://twitist.com)
+-- Forum: Facebook forums (/forum-14.html)
+--- Forum: General facebook and life forums (/forum-25.html)
+--- Thread: I have discovered a major facebook flaw that enables one to view private photos ... how can i report it? (/thread-79441.html)

I have discovered a major facebook flaw that enables one to view private photos ... how can i report it? - Wu - 08-15-2013 07:24 AM

So just for fun, I set out on a quest trying to stalk a friend's girlfriend, who keeps all her info hidden from non-friends (like me).

I was able to discover a major flaw which enabled me to view all the person's photos, (both private and public). I consider this a major flaw in facebook's privacy settings and would like to report it.

Also, considering I do, is there any way I can also get paid thousands of $$$ like other hackers were for finding it?

- Cam - 08-15-2013 07:38 AM

Just use the bug tracking system. Goes directly to the devs.

- Mizanur - 08-15-2013 07:52 AM

I can not know it.

- Charlie Tuna - 08-15-2013 07:55 AM

First, why are you so sure that you found a flaw? How do you know the photos are private or public? You may think you've discovered a flaw, but it's most likely working as designed (like a tagged photo or a shared photo).
And even if you've discovered a flaw, FB is not necessarily obligated to pay you. You may actually end up being investigated.

- Eric - 08-15-2013 08:09 AM

Let's see...you "set out on a quest" to become a stalker?