Twitist Forums
Do you feel that employers should have the right to check Facebook or other social media sites when making hir? - Printable Version

+- Twitist Forums (http://twitist.com)
+-- Forum: General Social Media & Marketing Forums (/forum-8.html)
+--- Forum: General Social Media questions (/forum-9.html)
+--- Thread: Do you feel that employers should have the right to check Facebook or other social media sites when making hir? (/thread-7994.html)

Do you feel that employers should have the right to check Facebook or other social media sites when making hir? - girl.next.door - 10-13-2012 02:53 AM

Can Facebook get you fired?

- Ggg Hhh - 10-13-2012 03:01 AM

Employers have been known to do that, personally I believe that it is an invasion of privacy and don't think it should be allowed.

- Casca Longinus - 10-13-2012 03:01 AM

Of coarse, you put yourself out there like an idiot, and then want to be not judged for it?......Please.

- niceOverlord302 - 10-13-2012 03:01 AM

No they shouldn't!!

- Lib Nemesis ® - 10-13-2012 03:01 AM

My personal opinion is NO

- mobiwebber - 10-13-2012 03:01 AM

I don't think employers should, but from what I've heard, some do check Facebook. Facebook profiles should be for personal use. You just have to set your Facebook privacy so that random people can't see what you've written.

I also read just a couple of days ago about an app that can "clean up" your Facebook posts. It's called Exfoliate and it's for Android.