Twitist Forums
Fake Facebook illegal? - Printable Version

+- Twitist Forums (http://twitist.com)
+-- Forum: Facebook forums (/forum-14.html)
+--- Forum: General facebook and life forums (/forum-25.html)
+--- Thread: Fake Facebook illegal? (/thread-80307.html)

Fake Facebook illegal? - Laura - 08-19-2013 08:44 PM

I created a fake Facebook that was not impersonating anyone nor did I take anyones photos without permission. It was just a random named facebook that I used to add someone I had already known but wanted to talk to them a little more using this fake facebook. We chatted quite a bit and sometimes these chats turned 'sexual' . Now the person has blocked me and I don't know why, maybe they know its been me all this time, but I was wondering is it illegal for me to have had this fake facebook, I know it is against Facebook's terms of use can I get into any sort of legal trouble?

- I Like To Answer - 08-19-2013 08:45 PM

OH NO NO NO its not illegal. no worries because there is nothing wrong with having different fb accounts. It doesnt matter if u call it a fake or a real account but its not illegal so dont worry but if you are worried about it, just go into your settings and deactivate your account. Big Grin Wink
hope i helped you.

- Chloe - 08-19-2013 09:01 PM

Nope, its not illegal my friend did this and had 5 accounts that where fake using pics of people she knew. People wont like you for it but its not illegal. hope I helped

- Muhammad - 08-19-2013 09:04 PM

I don't know if it's illegal or legal but there's no reason to get worried because no one can find out whether it's a fake or a real account.

- Mohammed - 08-19-2013 09:13 PM

Its not illegal.

- Daniel - 08-19-2013 09:23 PM

You Wont Get Into Trouble the Worse Thing that Will Happen is your Facebook Will Get Disabled Thats It Its Against the Terms of Service But Its Not illegal

- Ashleigh - 08-19-2013 09:26 PM

It's not illegal, even if you use pictures it's still not, it's breaking Facebooks rules but nothing more. Smile