Twitist Forums
How do you make a new PUBLIC group on Facebook when you already have a CLOSED group page on Facebook? - Printable Version

+- Twitist Forums (http://twitist.com)
+-- Forum: Facebook forums (/forum-14.html)
+--- Forum: General facebook and life forums (/forum-25.html)
+--- Thread: How do you make a new PUBLIC group on Facebook when you already have a CLOSED group page on Facebook? (/thread-80580.html)

How do you make a new PUBLIC group on Facebook when you already have a CLOSED group page on Facebook? - Sara L - 08-21-2013 10:39 AM

I am admin of our CLOSED group for a PTA. I am thinking of making a GENERAL (public) page so people can search for our group and get basic info...links to our website, info regarding general monthly meeting, etc. Can I do this THROUGH the closed group since I am admin? I noticed when I went into tool (the cogwheel) that I can create a group and make it public, but I fear that it will make the current CLOSED group public.

Do you know how many groups I can create?
I need one for posting info in the closed group so it does not look like memos are coming from my personal FB page. I also need the OPEN/Public general info page. Would that work?

Thanks for your advice!

- abraXus - 08-21-2013 10:55 AM

you can create as many groups as you want - there is no limit

- Daniel - 08-21-2013 11:09 AM

There is No Limit on the Number of Groups you Can Create You Can if you Wanted to Go and Change the Current Group Privacy to Open By Editing the Group Settings