Twitist Forums
I was bored and randomly entered passwords into someone's account, will they be notified? - Printable Version

+- Twitist Forums (http://twitist.com)
+-- Forum: Facebook forums (/forum-14.html)
+--- Forum: General facebook and life forums (/forum-25.html)
+--- Thread: I was bored and randomly entered passwords into someone's account, will they be notified? (/thread-81058.html)

I was bored and randomly entered passwords into someone's account, will they be notified? - Secretwo - 08-24-2013 04:45 AM

I know it was the wrong thing to do. I never expected to get anywhere with it and I didn't, even if I did I would never have made use of it. I was bored and not thinking so I tried various password combinations on someone's FB account. Now I'm worried they will be notified that someone other than them tried to login. Is this the case?

- Sarah - 08-24-2013 04:46 AM

Nope, they won't be notified at all (I guess).

- Pixell - 08-24-2013 04:48 AM

it depends on their security settings, it is possible that they would be notified if thier security settings are set to notify them if and incorrect password is entered more than x times. even if they were the only way for it to lead to you is if they go through all the trouble to track your computer. i wouldnt worry about it as long as you dont do it to the same account again.

- periwinkle - 08-24-2013 04:54 AM

they might if they have set it that way, but they won't be explicitly told that it is you.