Twitist Forums
After 10 years sales and marketing experience in publishing I would like to become a marketing lecturer at uni - Printable Version

+- Twitist Forums (http://twitist.com)
+-- Forum: General Social Media & Marketing Forums (/forum-8.html)
+--- Forum: Social Marketing (/forum-10.html)
+--- Thread: After 10 years sales and marketing experience in publishing I would like to become a marketing lecturer at uni (/thread-8109.html)

After 10 years sales and marketing experience in publishing I would like to become a marketing lecturer at uni - ele_chessa - 10-13-2012 04:54 AM

I have a degree in Social Psychology, an MA in Publishing and an MA in Business, do I need further qualifications?

- David545 - 10-13-2012 05:02 AM

You should have no problem in getting an adjunct teaching position at a university. (This is a good starting point. You don't have to leave your day job yet, and you can see if you really enjoy the academic life -- it's not for everyone.)

Your academic degrees are sufficient to get into the door. Depending upon the school, and the department, you may need to plan to work on a Ph.D. if you want to stay around for the long term.

Some schools will allow you to work on a Ph.D.at that university while you are on their faculty. Some others have a rule that you must get your Ph.D. from a different school.

Good luck.

- eric h - 10-13-2012 05:02 AM

That will depend on the university. Why don't you talk to a few of them and see what they're interested in?

If your marketing experience is not as a manager, you might have problems.

You might get some work as a "guest" lecturer and be able to make a living hiring yourself out to many universities.