Twitist Forums
Why doesn't Facebook give the option to verify by a call only text? - Printable Version

+- Twitist Forums (http://twitist.com)
+-- Forum: Facebook forums (/forum-14.html)
+--- Forum: General facebook and life forums (/forum-25.html)
+--- Thread: Why doesn't Facebook give the option to verify by a call only text? (/thread-81967.html)

Why doesn't Facebook give the option to verify by a call only text? - Lupe - 08-29-2013 07:15 AM

My cousin tried to make a Facebook earlier and it said she had to verify she was a real person by confirming by text. My question is why only text? Why is there no option to accept a call with a code?

I just think it would be wise on Facebook's part to allow verification by calling because not everyone has texting on their phone. I know my grandma doesn't text. She uses her cell phone to call people and really she used her housephone more.

Does anyone know why Facebook doesn't give this option? I know with gmail they give you the option of text or a call.
I also read somewhere there's a way to make them give you a call and people have screen shots but where I was reading was back in 2011 so it may have changed. If anyone knows how to make the option come up, please tell. Thanks!

- Daniel - 08-29-2013 07:25 AM

Thats Just the Way it is Facebook Does Not Allow it For Some Reason What the Specific Reason is Only the Facebook Team Would Know That