Twitist Forums
How does Facebook know....? - Printable Version

+- Twitist Forums (http://twitist.com)
+-- Forum: Facebook forums (/forum-14.html)
+--- Forum: General facebook and life forums (/forum-25.html)
+--- Thread: How does Facebook know....? (/thread-82961.html)

How does Facebook know....? - Lauren - 09-03-2013 06:51 PM

How does fb know That I'm in an untagged picture? Like my friend just posted some new pics that I'm in but no one is tagged in it. So when I'm looking at the pic it asks me if I want to tag myself and there's a box around my face? I'm confused how does it know its me when the pic was just posted and its an untagged picture?

- Festus - 09-03-2013 07:00 PM

It's your webcam on your computer, Facebook uses a software that can see you through your webcam, I'd highly recommend putting a piece of tape over your cam so they can't see you. A lot hackers use this software too.

- angel - 09-03-2013 07:13 PM

yeah omg tht happened to me too..i don't think fb knows tht ur in an untagged pic.
but when I was looking throught sm of my fernds pics tht I wasn't in its still showed boxes around ppl..asking me to tag ..its always there..! I only tag my self if im in tht picture..don't worry , fb doesn't no u , if ur in a tagged pic or not.! Smile

- abraXus - 09-03-2013 07:26 PM

it's recognizing your facial features

there's lots of software out there which can do that

- curvedstring209 - 09-03-2013 07:28 PM

Its jus recognize the dimensions or ya face with the photo face. And as you visited the photo....it will match up ya face with the faces in the photo.

- Mehedi hasan Nahid - 09-03-2013 07:37 PM

That means you have already uploaded your photo in your profile and facebook recognized you in other photos by matching face dimension