Twitist Forums
What's the point in having a facebook page? - Printable Version

+- Twitist Forums (http://twitist.com)
+-- Forum: Facebook forums (/forum-14.html)
+--- Forum: General facebook and life forums (/forum-25.html)
+--- Thread: What's the point in having a facebook page? (/thread-83666.html)

What's the point in having a facebook page? - JR - 09-07-2013 03:15 PM

I thought about giving up on social networks. Could it be used for dating etc. What are you guys' opinions?

- Eurydike - 09-07-2013 03:29 PM

I mostly use the chat feature so I can chat with my relatives. They live in other countries so it's too expensive to call them.

- Misunderstoodtoes466 - 09-07-2013 03:38 PM

I lost the reason to have one many years ago. I've been happy since.

- bartender - 09-07-2013 03:42 PM

Social Networks are great, they help connect people that are separated by distance. Its also a great way to easily see pictures of family and friends and kind of 'check in' on their life.

Dating? Maybe, I mean its a great way to keep in contact with people so some friendships can inevitably lead into dating.

- Cecilia - 09-07-2013 03:46 PM

I usually use facebook to chat with people (mostly friends and family), play some games on there, chat with people on some groups *one of them is an anti bullying group* and Im also an admin for a Harry Potter fan page. It could be useful for dating but I wouldnt meet some random person online, you'll never know whos on the other side.

- Yolanda - 09-07-2013 03:57 PM

My family, children, grandchildren and great grandchildren they all share and communicate through facebook and of course they are busy in their jobs and other responsibilities, I lost track of the growning years of all of them, as everyone knows most of our families have cell phones which I don't, my daughters were down here to visit on mothers day weekend and suggested I get into facebook and I listen, now I can look at all the pictures that otherwise I would have never receive. I have heard a lot of negative comments about this page, but up to now I have no regrets.