Twitist Forums
How to find a person on Facebook? - Printable Version

+- Twitist Forums (http://twitist.com)
+-- Forum: Facebook forums (/forum-14.html)
+--- Forum: General facebook and life forums (/forum-25.html)
+--- Thread: How to find a person on Facebook? (/thread-84225.html)

How to find a person on Facebook? - Valsorym - 11-07-2013 11:20 PM

I recently was on a vacation in Italy and I met a girl I wanted to chat with, however I didn't have any chance for getting to her and at least asking her to add me on Facebook. So I'm back home now, but I still want to add her. I don't know her name or where exactly she lives, but I'm completely sure that i would recognize her face and i also know that she speaks German as her main language (so she must come from Germany/ Austria/ Switzerland). Already tried to use the Facebook Graph API with a number generator (to go through all the profiles and filter them), but there is a rate limit (which makes it impossible). I also created a new account to try out the Open Graph Search, but that one is painfully slow and must be browsed manually. I also tried searching for people who checked in while at the hotel or ticked their location there (photos etc), but she probably didn't do that.
Any ideas? And yes, I am willing to invest a ton of computing power, time and bandwidth JUST TO FIND HER.

So the things I know: age category (inaccuracy about 5 years maximum), language (->country), gender (sex), face (I remember it, but I have no photos)

Please help!
"?": I don't know the name! o.O

- KelHATESorangesoda - 11-07-2013 11:26 PM

Aww....
Theres the search at the top and you can type in first names and search through the lot for a while, do try searching in her country's face book. I most often even though I know their name scan down the side till I recognise a persons avatar.
Good Luck I hope you find her....she's very lucky!
Click my name and could you see if you can answer mine?

- Saroj - 11-07-2013 11:35 PM

Its very very hard to find if you don't have name or id. I suggest you if you know her friends or someone or may be know the hotel she stayed go and get her name then only you can find. Best of luck