Twitist Forums
Why does Sharron Angle running against Reid want to privatize Social Security and raise the retirement age? - Printable Version

+- Twitist Forums (http://twitist.com)
+-- Forum: General Social Media & Marketing Forums (/forum-8.html)
+--- Forum: Social Marketing (/forum-10.html)
+--- Thread: Why does Sharron Angle running against Reid want to privatize Social Security and raise the retirement age? (/thread-8429.html)

Pages: 1 2

Why does Sharron Angle running against Reid want to privatize Social Security and raise the retirement age? - Growth vs. Oil - 10-13-2012 10:41 AM

I don`t want my Social Security to gamble on the stock market, Social Security is not an investment, it is a boring safety net there if my risks on the stock market fail. And how is a larger worker pool with lower waging going to help the youth? Are Republicans the party of the fading generations and don`t care about the youth?

- me - 10-13-2012 10:49 AM

First off you can retire at any age you want.

Social security is not a very good retirement plan and you will be living pretty slim if thats all you have.

The age will be raised period it has to be. People used to drop dead at 65, not anymore.

So you think the government pissing it all away as it comes in is a good plan?

- King Harry - 10-13-2012 10:49 AM

I think she like many Americans can see that Social Security is broken and need to be fixed.

- WRG - 10-13-2012 10:49 AM

Because if those two things don't happen nobody 40 today is ever going to see a dime of SS retirement funds.

It is the youth that are going to get screwed if it isn't fixed.

- Baroccoli - 10-13-2012 10:49 AM

Privatizing Social Security would keep the Government from dipping their hands into the chest that you've been putting into. Raising the retirement age when people are living longer makes sense.

- Scott - 10-13-2012 10:49 AM

Save your own money and retire when you want... Most people with any common sense can see if people live longer they should work longer!

- highnest725 - 10-13-2012 10:49 AM

Lets review:

The Social Security "lock box" is empty, stuffed full of IOUs by Tip O'Niel back in the 80's

I'd rather plan my own retirement, If that is beyond your capability then please, get a clue

- grandma zaza - 10-13-2012 10:49 AM

Possibly because it is broke and currently does not have enough money each month to pay its obligations, and they would like to see it solvent for future generations.

Do you realize that the government has taken over 2 Trillion dollars out of the SS trust to fund "other" projects?

- adeline - 10-13-2012 10:49 AM

Privatizing SS does not mean you have to invest it in the stock market. You can do whatever you want with it.

- Uncle Pennybags - 10-13-2012 10:49 AM

SS is a gov't program. When we privatize it, it can be set up however we want.

So how about if the privatized account is set up so we can only invest in a range of safe investments? How about FDIC insured CDs or Inflation indexed gov't bonds?

Then we'd do far better on ROI then we get with the Ponzi scheme that is SS today.