Twitist Forums
I received a suspicious looking message in my "other" folder on Facebook? - Printable Version

+- Twitist Forums (http://twitist.com)
+-- Forum: Facebook forums (/forum-14.html)
+--- Forum: General facebook and life forums (/forum-25.html)
+--- Thread: I received a suspicious looking message in my "other" folder on Facebook? (/thread-84323.html)

I received a suspicious looking message in my "other" folder on Facebook? - red w - 11-08-2013 03:16 PM

And accidentally clicked it! I was only in the message for less than 5 seconds but of course Facebook now has it marked "read" I quickly deleted it but now I'm worried. The message said "Hello, I wish you and your family the best, may God bless you.." etc. the message was many paragraphs long but I didn't read it, I quickly exited out recalling virus, scam horror stories. I have a Apple OX mac computer and it has firewall..but please tell me I'm just being paranoid. Was it just spam?

- ♥ Καλ ♥ - 11-08-2013 03:21 PM

I can understand your anxiety but I don't think there is any reason to feel worried. Anyway, run a virus test on your computer to see if everything is ok.

- confused composing - 11-08-2013 03:34 PM

Whether it's a scam or malware, it does not matter as you have not click any other link & you already immediately delete it.
So don't worry, especially you said you've firewall. To ensure that, you might try to deep scan (not quick scan) with antivirus program.

- al_saodiyya - 11-08-2013 03:44 PM

Yes, messages from unknown people go into the "Other" folder.
So there's no need to worry, a lot of spam goes there.

- Kittysue - 11-08-2013 03:59 PM

It was just spam. They send those to everyone. As long as you didn't click on any links, you are fine. Just delete it.