Twitist Forums
Keeping my Moms terminal illness off Facebook? - Printable Version

+- Twitist Forums (http://twitist.com)
+-- Forum: Facebook forums (/forum-14.html)
+--- Forum: General facebook and life forums (/forum-25.html)
+--- Thread: Keeping my Moms terminal illness off Facebook? (/thread-84521.html)

Keeping my Moms terminal illness off Facebook? - Jesse - 11-09-2013 07:32 PM

We found out Tuesday that my Mom has 8-12wks to live. She has terminal cancer and will be lucky to make it to Christmas. Wednesday my Mom told my Grandma the news and let her tell her 6 siblings. My mother has asked that none of this be put on facebook, she would rather it stay private and just a family matter. I need some sample wording of how to compose this into a facebook message that I can send my Aunts, Uncles, and cousins (all of which live out of state, all across the country). They know what is going on, but not to keep it off facebook. Any advice is appreciated. Thank you.

- Hello - 11-09-2013 07:45 PM

My mom would like you not to share the information. Thank you for understanding and good night.

- hamrrfan - 11-09-2013 08:02 PM

"My mother has asked that none of this be put on facebook, she would rather it stay private and just a family matter".

Then you respect her wishes and not try to figure out some clever way to put it on Facebook. You can send emails or call those for whom you know the addresses and numbers and ask them to relay the information to the others.

May her passing be peaceful with minimal physical pain. Be there for her, sometimes silently, and respect her time to be alone when she asks.