Twitist Forums
Do Facebook base their advertising more on likes or on any recent activity? - Printable Version

+- Twitist Forums (http://twitist.com)
+-- Forum: Facebook forums (/forum-14.html)
+--- Forum: General facebook and life forums (/forum-25.html)
+--- Thread: Do Facebook base their advertising more on likes or on any recent activity? (/thread-85408.html)

Do Facebook base their advertising more on likes or on any recent activity? - AK47 - 11-15-2013 08:22 AM

I just accidentally liked something for the first time on facebook and I'm so cross with myself because I've just participated in market research for free. I know google and ebay etc are the same but somehow it's different to have advertising based on something you just generally like (which is more personal) than on just a search that you happened to be doing for something in particular (eg train journeys). I won't even know whether or how the like has influenced the adverts - it's hard selling disguised as soft selling. I feel like I've just whored myself out to capitalism. So I want to know how long it will be influencing the adverts I see. I assume there's no way to get rid of it.

- Max - 11-15-2013 08:37 AM

Recent activity