Twitist Forums
What did you think of Pawlenty's answer when he said People under 40 should have a choice on Social Security? - Printable Version

+- Twitist Forums (http://twitist.com)
+-- Forum: General Social Media & Marketing Forums (/forum-8.html)
+--- Forum: Social Marketing (/forum-10.html)
+--- Thread: What did you think of Pawlenty's answer when he said People under 40 should have a choice on Social Security? (/thread-8561.html)

Pages: 1 2

What did you think of Pawlenty's answer when he said People under 40 should have a choice on Social Security? - Dreadlock Rasta - 10-13-2012 12:53 PM

I think people under 40 should have a choice whether they want their money in a private market, or whether it should go straight to the Govt.

But that's just me, thinking of the GDP as a whole and how it would expand when there's new source of money invested into the investment sector.

What do you think?

- Festus - 10-13-2012 01:01 PM

Sure, I thought that was ok. It is the American way.

- Excuse Me - 10-13-2012 01:01 PM

I agree. Much better to be able to opt out if you want to.

- yep - 10-13-2012 01:01 PM

I agree with him. We all know that the govt is an unconscionably lousy steward of our money.

- Breesus Christ - 10-13-2012 01:01 PM

I agree, the money will be all washed up soon and we'll have paid and get nothing in return. if you want your own social security you can get a bank account and save parts of your paycheck everyweek

- narrowtrail729 - 10-13-2012 01:01 PM

That proposal doesn't go far enough for me. I am currently 40 years old, and I want to have that choice, along with others like myself (men and women born after 1965), even if we have to wait 5 to 10 years for it.

- AverageJoe - 10-13-2012 01:01 PM

Who's he kidding.

The people under 40 are going to be paying for the social security recipient's income one way or another.

- melodicgeese258 - 10-13-2012 01:01 PM

I don't think taxes should be electives. Because, when push comes to shove, people like a security blanket.

- Cantankerous - 10-13-2012 01:01 PM

I think that abolishing social security is a losing strategy for the GOP. Everyone should pay their taxes, and the rich should pay the same percentage of social security as everyone else, which is not currently happening. If they did we would have no crisis.

- Alan Turing - 10-13-2012 01:01 PM

Well that is one way to destroy social security.

I used to agree with Pawlenty but after the crash of the stock market I realize that it would be a disaster to put all of your retirement money into the market no matter how it was distributed.

Best to leave Social Security alone. It does not have a problem that cannot be solved by the thing that Republicans NEVER mention, raising the income taxes of the very wealthy back up above 45%.