Twitist Forums
Apps differ on playstore from two different androids? - Printable Version

+- Twitist Forums (http://twitist.com)
+-- Forum: Instagram (/forum-26.html)
+--- Forum: Instagram and android (/forum-29.html)
+--- Thread: Apps differ on playstore from two different androids? (/thread-87895.html)

Apps differ on playstore from two different androids? - xxlolzk - 11-30-2013 11:03 PM

i recently updated my sony xperia ray android market to google play store and the phone has is android version 4.0.4. my other phone samsung galaxy y has the google play store with all of the new apps updated such as viber instagram twitter etc. android version is 2.3.6. i want to download these particular apps onto my sony xperia ray but they are not on the google play store. Help Please!

- Varun Kamath - 11-30-2013 11:06 PM

This galaxy y was designed for youth (thats why it is Galaxy Y) and it had all apps which a general youth would go about using and I believe that Samsung had installed those apps in that phone by default.

Google Play Store is designed such a way that if the phone supports the app then it is visible in Playstore. Since it is not visible in playstore for you, i think sony does not support those apps.

Try contacting Sony Customer Care and find out why those apps are not supported in your Ray.

Hope this helps.