Twitist Forums
Why is instagram deleting so many accounts? - Printable Version

+- Twitist Forums (http://twitist.com)
+-- Forum: Instagram (/forum-26.html)
+--- Forum: General Instagram (/forum-27.html)
+--- Thread: Why is instagram deleting so many accounts? (/thread-88177.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6

- Kayla - 12-02-2013 08:49 PM

Yeah I was on the phone and asked this guy did He have instgram he said yea so clicked to add my page clicked and it logged him out and said page disabled and wouldn't let's him log back in. I gets on mine, I'm scrolling down my news feed and it all of a sudden logs me out. I tried logging in same thing .

This guy on twitter said they fixed his. He say he rweeted them and sceen shotted what happen. I did the same thing about 30 mind ago nothing yet. I'm mad I had over 250 pictures and lots of followers.

- Kiyanni Lewis - 12-02-2013 08:56 PM

I'm currently seeing this but I still have my account. Just add all of your FB over with this new account.

- Kiyanni Lewis - 12-02-2013 09:12 PM

There is one HUGE reason insta. may be deleting a lot of accounts here may be some reasons

1.) Spam accounts, users who add more than at least 2000 people and STEAL other peoples Instagram pics. from other users.

2.) Many inactive/dead accounts could speed up instagram A LOT better.

3.) There may be an "anonymous" hack going on and instagram is trying to stop it.

4.) Or it may be just to clear up the database (as someone already mentioned)

- MysteryKiwi - 12-02-2013 09:19 PM

My account got deleted about an hour ago,
I created a new account and added all my friends and everything and RANDOMLY my account comes back on and nothing looks different except for the # of photos...it shows all 150 of my photos and yet it says I only have 1.
Am I the only person this happened to?

- b - 12-02-2013 09:35 PM

I don't know bout the whole not posting with instagram camera thing. But I thinks its because Fb bought IG. THey changed the policies so that if you follow/like or do anything with spam accounts it's considered spam. Also if you put a URL in a comment its against the TOS. Don't change your website in the bio or it is against the rules, if you already have 1 its fine just dont change it. If you advertise bye bye. Give credz to pics. Don't post any cussing pics/comments. Racism= Bye. Hope this helps!

- james kane - 12-02-2013 09:38 PM

Here is the real answer http://t.co/0OrlPPcplK

- Stephanie - 12-02-2013 09:47 PM

actually, you need to be pretty careful. i've heard rumors about if you've taken pics off of other's accounts, or off the internet you would be deleted.

but then again, i heard that they are deleting inactive accounts. that isn't true because i know two of my friends whose accounts were deleted today, and they instagram A LOT. like daily. i'm not really sure what to do now.

- Mallory - 12-02-2013 10:01 PM

It seems many Instagram were caught off-guard today when the free photo-sharing app suddenly deleted a significant number of accounts, citing “terms of service violations” as the reason despite many affected users having no such content on their profiles.

Some users reported that their accounts had been deleted for not posting from the built-in camera in the app, which seems like to be an unlikely reason. It seems that the deletions, while reportedly widespread, are somewhat inconsistent. My own account which has been dormant for over a year remains intact, while others who post frequently report having lost access.

Scores of tweets have been posted over the past few hours about the deletions, but Instagram has not made any official statement on the issue.

- zendayafan - 12-02-2013 10:04 PM

I think it's cause there's a lot of accounts that aren't active :/

- Cameo - 12-02-2013 10:16 PM

Oh god. I'm so scared xD Seriously, that wasn't sarcasm.

My friends account was deleted, but mine has yet to be. I have almost 1K followers and if they delete my account I'm going to poop on them.