Twitist Forums
Facebook help: How do I keep FB from telling them my high school? - Printable Version

+- Twitist Forums (http://twitist.com)
+-- Forum: Facebook forums (/forum-14.html)
+--- Forum: General facebook and life forums (/forum-25.html)
+--- Thread: Facebook help: How do I keep FB from telling them my high school? (/thread-88618.html)

Facebook help: How do I keep FB from telling them my high school? - musicislife - 12-05-2013 06:16 AM

Facebook is constantly asking my high school so it can add to my profile. I had my college there but not my high school.

I do not want communication with anyone I wen to high school with. They were not happy times and I do not attend reunions or remotely care what happened to anyone I went to high school with.

I care more about what happens to Dustin Zito (google if you don't know hime) than anyone from high school. Seriously!!!

- abraXus - 12-05-2013 06:31 AM

you just set that part of your profile to private... use the audience selector next to your high school, or just dont enter your high school in the first place

- Heather - 12-05-2013 06:40 AM

Just skip the question. I have plenty of information that I don't want fb to know and you don't have to put it in. You have the power here, not them, they're just asking the question. Ignore it.

- Ted Pack - 12-05-2013 06:53 AM

Skip the question or lie. Facebook thinks I went to the "school of hard knocks" and was born on April 1, for instance. (April 1 - get it?)

You can't keep FB from asking, although the next time Mark Zuckerberg and I have lunch I'll ask him to make an exception for you. (That is another joke.) You can refuse to give accurate information.

You are not alone. I was on the search committee for three of my class reunions. Each time I did it, I ran into one or two people who said they had had such a bad time at high school they were never going to come to a reunion, so I could save my time and theirs by crossing them off the list forever.