Twitist Forums
How can i convince my parents to let me get a twitter account? - Printable Version

+- Twitist Forums (http://twitist.com)
+-- Forum: Twitter forums (/forum-1.html)
+--- Forum: Twitter General help (/forum-6.html)
+--- Thread: How can i convince my parents to let me get a twitter account? (/thread-88821.html)

How can i convince my parents to let me get a twitter account? - Evie - 12-06-2013 12:05 PM

I am 15 years old and would love to be able to tweet my favourite bands. Also twitter would be handy so that i can send messages to Kerrang Magisine as i am not aloud to use the post due to stamps costing too much money.

My parents let me use youtube, blogging website,e-mail and yahoo (obviously). I also know about internet dangers and strangers etc...

I have asked a couple of times and never get a reason why i'm not aloud twitter, the answer is just 'no' then the subject is changed.

Sorry about it being so long but how can i convince my parents to let me get an account?

- magranddamme - 12-06-2013 12:06 PM

I am trying to think about this from my adult point of view. I follow my nieces and nephews on social media. I think I would let my 15 year old try a Twitter account with a private setting so that one has to ask permission to follow my child. I would also have it understood that I will be following to see how things are going. I would probably want to see who you are allowing to follow you. I would make you wait until you get older before you can release the privacy setting.

- Jeanie Divine - 12-06-2013 12:12 PM

Alot depends on how old you are. My daughter's 13 and i allow her to have a twitter acct, in return i know her password and monitor it. I've not had any problems so far....... just be honest and open and your parents will come around!!!!!