Twitist Forums
Is Progressive social change, i.e. Big Government Liberalism, compatible with Free-Market Capitalism? - Printable Version

+- Twitist Forums (http://twitist.com)
+-- Forum: General Social Media & Marketing Forums (/forum-8.html)
+--- Forum: Social Marketing (/forum-10.html)
+--- Thread: Is Progressive social change, i.e. Big Government Liberalism, compatible with Free-Market Capitalism? (/thread-8920.html)

Pages: 1 2

Is Progressive social change, i.e. Big Government Liberalism, compatible with Free-Market Capitalism? - Charley - 10-13-2012 07:23 PM

I think it is. You can not have unfettered markets running in America. We have had this policy since Reagan and we are living in 1920s era like Depression. There are a lot attacks on liberals here on Y!A but is Progressive social reform, i.e. derisively known as 'Big Government Liberalism,' perfectly compatible with a free market capitalist society?

- AverageJoe - 10-13-2012 07:31 PM

Most Democrats mean well, and believe that the dominance of Government is the surest path to a "just" society.

They are wrong, of course. Government is at best a necessary evil and once given supremacy it inevitably becomes a cruel master.

- Tweek - 10-13-2012 07:31 PM

not even close.

- Mr. Wolf - 10-13-2012 07:31 PM

Neither is the U.S. Constitution.

- scrawnyjail358 - 10-13-2012 07:31 PM

Free market capitalism comes from progressive social change unto itself. Read up on the Enlightenment.

- Mountaineer Maniac - 10-13-2012 07:31 PM

I still don't see how progressivism is big government. I don't think having laws to protect consumers, that keep Corporations from influencing politics and government and keeping their practices honest is big government. So dictating morality isn't big government? Conservatives?

- john - 10-13-2012 07:31 PM

There can be a perfect hybrid between the two, we just have to find it.

- Visualanswer517 - 10-13-2012 07:31 PM

Progressive social change is absolutely incompatible with the idea that YOU are not government PROPERTY.
Clearly you need to check a fact. With more "conservative" policy comes more prosperity across ALL income groups. More conservative policy means more employment, higher wages, easier upward mobility and indeed all of the things "Progressives" claim they want yet have never delivered.
Progressives themselves OPENLY disdain markets, capitalism and upward mobility. Their STATED goal is for a ruling elite to utterly CONTROL the general population by locking us into permanent and desperate poverty.

- whoyeah - 10-13-2012 07:31 PM

Free-Market Capitalism is code words for finishing what Reagan started. They want to starve government until it is shrinks into ineffectiveness. Then they really will have their dream of an unfettered plunder upon the population. What they don't understand is when the middle class become the poor who will buy their products? What they will have is Cannibalistic-Capitalism!

- R - 10-13-2012 07:31 PM

It is compatible with REGULATED Capitalism. Unregulated, "free-market" Capitalism (due to the nature of human greed) is totally incompatible with civil society, itself...