Twitist Forums
Can you stop Facebook from publishing your comments/likes to Newsfeed? - Printable Version

+- Twitist Forums (http://twitist.com)
+-- Forum: Facebook forums (/forum-14.html)
+--- Forum: General facebook and life forums (/forum-25.html)
+--- Thread: Can you stop Facebook from publishing your comments/likes to Newsfeed? (/thread-89490.html)

Can you stop Facebook from publishing your comments/likes to Newsfeed? - Sarah - 12-10-2013 12:39 PM

Today I asked a question on a business's Facebook page about a product I'm interested in purchasing.
To my surprise a friend was able to 'like' my comment.
This friend is in no way connected to the site I was interacting with.
How can you stop this from happening?
The comment didn't show up in my own Newsfeed or my wall, so I assumed none of my friends wouldn't be able to see it either.
I had 'show in Newfeed' checked because I want to get updates from the business in my Newsfeed, but does this also mean that every one of my friends can witness all my comments to the business?.
I don't really see the point in publishing everything someone likes or comments on.
Is privacy even possible on Facebook?

- NOOOO - 12-10-2013 12:39 PM

I don't think you can because your comment is on a public page.
You MIGHT be able to if you look around on privacy settings.
Or check the options for the comment/post before you post it.

- Harry Potter.. - 12-10-2013 12:44 PM

Just go to face settings from top right corner.. There are three options to share ur stuff with.. Chose 'only me' or custom...

- Tim Tebow here - 12-10-2013 12:46 PM

Privacy on fb? Are you serious? You know fb is for losers right?

- Angeleyes - 12-10-2013 12:57 PM

Go to your privacy settings and change your settings to 'only me" or select 'don't show in newsfeed".
There isn't much privacy on facebook anymore.