Twitist Forums
How to log out of the facebook messenger app on my phone (or just stop the notifications)? - Printable Version

+- Twitist Forums (http://twitist.com)
+-- Forum: Facebook forums (/forum-14.html)
+--- Forum: General facebook and life forums (/forum-25.html)
+--- Thread: How to log out of the facebook messenger app on my phone (or just stop the notifications)? (/thread-89924.html)

How to log out of the facebook messenger app on my phone (or just stop the notifications)? - S.S - 12-13-2013 07:39 AM

My little sister installed the app and logged into her facebook on it on my phone and now it sends me a notification every time someone messages her and I see the message (and she's freaking out over it cause she doesn't want me to see her messages) and I can't figure out how to log out of it. Is there at least a way to get it to stop? I even removed the app but I'm still getting updates.

- Jonathan - 12-13-2013 07:47 AM

It depends on what type of phone it is. I definitely know how to do it if it is on a iPhone and I sort of have an idea if it is on a smartphone.
iPhone:
Go into settings -> Notifications -> Facebook Messenger -> Notification Center OFF
Smartphone:
Most smartphones have a feature that you can disable certain notifications in the setting as well but I'm not sure how to do it as well as iPhone.
I hope I could help.