Twitist Forums
Are they going to start charging to use Instagram? - Printable Version

+- Twitist Forums (http://twitist.com)
+-- Forum: Instagram (/forum-26.html)
+--- Forum: General Instagram (/forum-27.html)
+--- Thread: Are they going to start charging to use Instagram? (/thread-91257.html)

Are they going to start charging to use Instagram? - Taylor - 12-21-2013 07:19 PM

There's this picture going around that says Instagram is going to start charging monthly fees, but if you repost the picture by July 30 than you won't have to pay... It sounds like complete bs, but I'm just making sure!

- Gohaleg - 12-21-2013 07:26 PM

the picture postings cannot be traced...

as a rule of thumb, if you are going to win something by reposting... its a hoax...

Its just the new age spam... crowd sourced spam..

- Awesome - 12-21-2013 07:29 PM

Facebook own it and on the Facebook login page it says for Facebook 'It's free and always will be.' so I assume not!

- Uncle Albert - 12-21-2013 07:38 PM

It's a free social network, if it started charging, do you think it would stay social?

- lessly - 12-21-2013 07:43 PM

No it's just spam

- Andrea - 12-21-2013 07:47 PM

This app started out free. Since it's been free, it has acquired millions of users. If the Instagram CEO decided to start charging, many users would most likely be upset and just stop using it entirely. That would not be a wise choice for Instagram. I seriously doubt that picture is true.

- LOL - 12-21-2013 08:01 PM

I dunno i saw the same thing. Well, I heard facebook purchased it cuz they just hate having only pictures so I guess charging is one way to shoo away customers. Big Grin

- Garry - 12-21-2013 08:07 PM

If you look at the picture, the message was type on the iPhones note page, completely false and a hoax!